Stock deck height -4.1L production block?

I'm showing a deck height for the 3.8 as 9.56" and for stage it's 9.535. I can't seem to find a standard 4.1 though.

The one I am currently working has a DH of 9.535. Really the true answer is you need to measure because according to a builder with mucho experience, "The DH of stock 4.1 blocks are all over the place." It seems that 9.535 is around the average and they usually don't go much below that (without decking of course) but they can be as much as .020 more.

The differences in height specs is from Buick's changing from stainless steel shim head gaskets to composition HG in late '85(also when they changed from 14 to 20 bolt oil pans. All 4.1 and 14 bolt 3.8 blocks have the taller dimension.

Kevin.

The differences in height specs is from Buick's changing from stainless steel shim head gaskets to composition HG in late '85(also when they changed from 14 to 20 bolt oil pans. All 4.1 and 14 bolt 3.8 blocks have the taller dimension.

Kevin.

The 140 casting is 20 bolt and still uses the taller deck/steel shim combo. Only the 109's had the shorter deck and composite gaskets in rear drive applications.

I'll have to take your word for it Bison, just never saw a 20 bolt from the factory with anything other than graphite composition gaskets, and I'll assume you are NOT talking about the FWD 3.8.

I stand corrected.

Kevin.

I'll have to take your word for it Bison, just never saw a 20 bolt from the factory with anything other than graphite composition gaskets, and I'll assume you are NOT talking about the FWD 3.8.

I stand corrected.

Kevin.
The RWD 140 was used for about 6 mos. in mid 85

Soooo.....

I guess I should have somewhere near 9.56 or 9.565? Is this correct?

It seems your looking for what you "should" have, if you have not checked it yourself to "Know" what you have and build it accordingly, from my standpoint it appears everyone has "seen" what they have observed firsthand to be somewhere in-between the values mentioned, and considering that many may have been "decked" during a rebuild in the past 30 years it's a moot point from my way of thinking, before anyone orders a single part for a engine build these measurements need to be "Known", factory "stock" specs can and do vary, I believe that's why the term "Blueprinting" is so often used and abused, a "Printed" engine is one built to "It's" specs "As Produced", I may again be wrong because I have never seen a 4.1 from the factory built using a turbo/supercharger/nitros, so unless you have the measurements accurately checked, the parts you choose may add up to a mess, and you would not be the first to do so. Everyone wants an easy answer, but without accuracy, easy can and most likely becomes "Wrong", Take a total of what you got-then make your plan. Or not, maybe it will be ok? maybe not? it's up to you to learn what you are doing or what you are guessing.

Kevin.