Stock converter question

slick6732

I tore into the bottom half of my motor and the crank was being pushed against the thrust bearing, bad enough to make the crank unturnable! Plus two spun rod bearings 2 and 6
The car is running a ta-49 with razor alky about 21 pounds of boost, is it possible the stock converter is balooning and pressing the crank into the thrust bearing? If so when I finally get it back together, what converter should I use?
Thanks

i tore into the bottom half of my motor and the crank was being pushed against the thrust bearing, bad enough to make the crank unturnable! Plus two spun rod bearings 2 and 6
the car is running a ta-49 with razor alky about 21 pounds of boost, is it possible the stock converter is balooning and pressing the crank into the thrust bearing? If so when i finally get it back together, what converter should i use?
Thanks

a 10" lock up and never look back . Loose 2800 stall

For the converter to be ballooning there is either a restriction causing excessive pressure, like a clogged cooler/cooler line, or crap floating around in the trans causing excessive internal pressure. Or excessive heat from slippage, racing, brake boosting, etc.

It won't just happen in it's own I wouldn't think. But for a trust bearing failure, yea there was pressure against the crank from the converter.

I bought the car with the bearings spun! The car was raced, Alot.
Have dealt with alot of small block chevys and have seen the converter baloon and cause that problem, but the buick do not pull as many rpm's so I was trying to see if anyone here has seen it happen

Converters

Sounds like someones been loading the converter with boost off the line. The stock D 5 works very well considering its a 12 inch. Also sounds like alot of detonation on the bearings as well.

The car has s-10 long shoes on back, so I would guess he was loading it with alot of boost off the line. Just hope he hasn't destroyed everything else, besides the engine internals.
Guess I will get to that point after I get the motor back together.........