Stock 87 GN, Money to spend, little time.

C.P.

GBody fan
I have the chance to spend someone else's money to make their GN fast. I have a month to work with, and he wants to go faster than my 87, which does 13.2 on street tires.

My original plan:

Turbo tweak chip and 42lb. injectors
3" downpipe
Cone style air filter
Some kind of free-flowing exhaust
Fuel pump and hotwire kit
Adjustable regulator
Adjustable actuator

I also planned on a Scanmaster, boost and knock gauges.

I have limited experience with turbo Buicks, (had 2) so thats about as creative as I could get. If budget were not a problem, but time was limited, what should I do? Also keep in mind shipping times..... Does any supplier keep EVERYTHING I would need in stock? Next day shipping?

from the looks of your recipe im sure those more in the know than i will tell you why stop at 13.2? with the right tune (and driving) he should be able to break into the12s.

I would not get 42 injectors. Get 50's or 60's and be done once. Your plan looks good so far but if you really want to make a difference on a budget, add an alky kit to list and turn the boost up!

TT chip, gutted cat converter, 160 thermostat, 42-60# inj(leave room for growth), Alky inj.=12's all day long.

What does the car have for mods now? No mention of sticky tires. Might want to invest in some drag radials.

Although there are a lot of other people here with MUCH more knowledge than myself, I would figure the list in my sig with some sticky tires would give your friend what he is looking for. Here's a list off the top of my head...

Chip & Injectors (60#) Combo $390.00 TurboTweak - Turbo Buick Custom Chips and Parts
PowerLogger Scan Tool $264.99 FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Turbo Buick Power Logger Scan Tool
Scanmaster 2.1 Scan Tool $280.00 1986 1987 Buick Regal Grand National Turbo T T-Type GNX SCANMASTER 2 DIAGNOSTIC TOOL #6783
Wideband O2 Kit (PLX Devices) $199.00 PLX Devices Inc. - Multi Gauges, Single Gauges, Sensor Modules, Wideband Air Fuel Ratio, Data Logging, Fuel Saving / Scan Tools
Alcohol Injection Kit http://alkycontrol.com/
Boost Controller $55.00 BoostC
Down Pipe w/ Test Pipe $450.00 3in DP
Fuel Pressure Regulator (Accuab) $134.00 FPR
MAF Pipe (3") $89.00 INTAKE PIPES
Power Plate $65.00 RJC A.D. Power Plate
Up Pipe (3") $69.00 INTAKE PIPES
Valve Cover Breather $46.00 VCB
Catback Exhaust (Pypes Performance) $400.00 Pypes Performance - Exhaust Systems - SummitRacing.com

You may wanna put new plugs and wires on as well...
Plug Wires (MSD) $109.00 RJC Plug wires

As far as shipping goes, the downpipe may take some time depending on whether or not they have any in stock. Everything else should be fairly obtainable and expedited shipping is available through all of the vendors I have used.

This would be my top 10 list

1. Scanmaster 2.1
2. Boost guage & Knock guage
3. Fuel pump / hot wire kit
4. TT chip
5. 60lb injectors nothing less
6. Alky injection
7. TE-44 turbo (won't need a higher stall right now with this turbo)
8. 3" Down pipe / 3" exhaust
9. Dutt neck intercooler
10. Sticky drag radials

The items you are looking at are fine.

I would recommend 1 or 2 itmes

First a good scan tool. This will do more for tunning th car than anything and will help dignose any items you may need to work with

Do a spring cleaning first, I am sure you know where to find it.

I would not spend the money on downpipe. The stocker and a gutted cat will work in the 12's with no issues.

The hooker exhaust system is a bolt in, sounds good and is good for 10's

The above items including your listed items were were good for 12.60's all the time in my car back in 97 98.

the same configurations with a DP, TE60 and DYI alky went 11.90's all the time.

Be sure to tune the car and watch for knock. You will be fine for 12's forget the DP and build a DYI alchy kit or purchase a good alchy kit.

Hope this helps.

whats up CP? i just started a thread cause mine is lean popping again. :mad: i think i may buy some crap and come hang at the garage with you soon maybe and fix this damn thing once and for all :biggrin: