Stock 8.5" rear end cover

PaulBZ65

likes g-bodies
Cleaning up my rear end while it's removed and doing the LS1 disc brake swap, thought I'd see if someone has a clean stock 8.5" cover. Considered the aluminum finned cover but prefer stock for looks (and cost). Thought I'd see whats out there. Mine was a bit rusty back when I swapped it in back in 99' and por-15 held up well but it has pitting and would take some elbow grease to clean up how I like.

It's the same rear end that was/is used in the how to spot a 8.5" images that I took back in 99' that have graced the web in gbody circles:

http://tech.oldsgmail.com/axle_ident.php

:) .

The silver por-15 was painted black many years ago, no idea what made me do it that color, I was still a teenager is my excuse.

Last edited:
Cleaning up my rear end while it's removed and doing the LS1 disc brake swap, thought I'd see if someone has a clean stock 8.5" cover. Considered the aluminum finned cover but prefer stock for looks (and cost). Thought I'd see whats out there. Mine was a bit rusty back when I swapped it in back in 99' and por-15 held up well but it has pitting and would take some elbow grease to clean up how I like.

It's the same rear end that was/is used in the how to spot a 8.5" images that I took back in 99' that have graced the web in gbody circles:

http://tech.oldsgmail.com/axle_ident.php

:) .

The silver por-15 was painted black many years ago, no idea what made me do it that color, I was still a teenager is my excuse.

How about NOS? It has spots of light flash rust here and there mixed into the grey surface from being bare metal sitting around in the humid southern air.

Open to that idea, what would the price be?

Honestly, didn't have anything in mind and can't even remember what I'd paid for it. Has to have been hanging on the wall for at least 15 years now...

Feel free to make me an offer on it.

Last edited:
Sounds good, any pictures of it? Can email paulwbaumgart at yahoo dot com or post here of course.

Sounds good, any pictures of it? Can email paulwbaumgart at yahoo dot com or post here of course.
I should be able to shoot a couple in the morning. I'm not sure what/where/how those others wound up attached to the previous response.

Here you go, let me know if you're interested.
20170105_112143.jpg
20170105_112205.jpg

25.00 shipped in the lower 48. Been degreased , wire wheeled and high temp painted.
20170106_184145.jpg
20170106_184206.jpg

Last edited:
Back on the hunt for another one, picked up a 8.5" that doesn't have the stock cover (my preference). Not sure if those posted previously are still available so starting "fresh" with the search. "T What?'s" looks great on my freshly rebuilt 8.5 however :)

IMG_2435.JPG

Last edited:
Got another one, thanks "dynoman"

That should be it for covers that I'm after, I don't foresee using a 3rd 8.5" rear :)