Still having issues with Powermaster, HELP!!

GN_Man_NC

Well after a new pump install, I am getting the same thing I got before I took the old one off. When you turn the ign. to the on postion sometimes the powermaster will run and sometimes it won't. I have pumped the pedal 10 times with ign. off, and turn ign. on and the pump will come on and run for about 10 seconds, try it again the pump won't do nothing. But if I let it sit there with the ign. on, eventually the pump will start running but will cut out like its loosing power. What could be the issue there? I am at my wits end. I thought it was the pump now I am thinking it could be the switch as I removed the connector and can see what looks to be some brake fluid in the top of the connector. Would that cause the pump to act up as it is doing?

Thanks

I was thinking that, early I tapped the switch and the pump came on for a second, now it will just come on when it feels like it, at first I thought it was wiring but can't find no issues with the wiring. So I'm thinking its got to be the switch.

Yeah that light should come on till the system reaches pressure and turned off by the switch. Disconnect the connector at the switch. Depressurize the system. All terminals on the switch should have continuity between them as I believe the switch is normally closed when no pressure. On the connector side verify that terminal B has 12 volts key on.

I don't know if you've seen this chart.

Powermaster Diagnostics

yeah before I replaced the pump tonight, sometimes the light would come on when the pump came on, and sometimes nothing would happen, no pump or light, so i feel that it is the switch. I have ran through the trouble tree, but really didnt get any clear results.

If you have brake fluid in the connector when you remove the plug, your switch is leaking and it's time to replace it. The seal inside it is leaking and it is no longer giving accurate signals.