Still Got The Hiccups!!!

rb68rr

My car is still havng these intermittent hiccups where under medium acceleration it's almost like you cut the key off for a split second. The ses light flashes but doesn't throw a code. Today I just happen to have the Scanmaster on AF when it happened and guess what, it went to "00"!! What's that all about? Even when the car isn't running but the key is on it shows AF 03. Does this mean my lt-1 maf is going bad? Thought they where bullit-proof! If not what would make it register AF 00? Thanks, R.B.

Guess everybody is tired of hearing about all my problems. Don't blame you, I am too!

burp

does the rest of your sensors loose voltage. all refference voltages are sent by the ecm to the sensors?

Don't really know since it does it intermittenly. Got lucky and saw the AF on the slow Scanmaster. How could I check that?

I had a similar problem...

rb,

Did you check your ECM? When I found out mine was bad, my car would not accelerate past 2K. It was like something switched the engine off, then back on. If I kept on it, it would die out completely.
I tried replacing the TPS, spark plugs/wires, and coil/module. The problem didn't go away until I replaced the ECM with a *known good* unit. (Thanks RedRegal T)
If that doesn't work, try checking your cam sensor. That was next on my list. HTH.

Swapped ecm with known good one with same results. Unplugged cam sensor and no change. R.B.

What would cause the lt1 maf to drop to zero for that split second? Is the maf the reason for the hiccup or is something else causing the maf to do that? Thanks, R.B.

Check your VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor). Did you modify your dash by chance? Just a long shot, but if you did, the optical sensor behind the speedo lets the computer know how fast your going to make the proper adjustments. IF removed for dash transplants or upgrades such as the cyberdyne, it would cause an intermittent hiccup at highway cruising speeds. Just my thoughts.

Scott

No modifications to dash other than a 145mph speedo. Still waiting for someone to explain how my AF numbers on my Scanmaster went to zero. BTW, it did it again today! What's causing that??? Thanks, R.B.

I took the vaccum hose off the back of my egr yesterday and blocked it off. The car hasn't hiccupped or died since. What would this have to do with the problems that I've been having? Thanks, R.B.

Reminds me of the time(1988) my MAF went. The car would buck and the tach would go dark just like you turned the key off and then back on. And it never showed a code. The local dealer sent me to the "big city" where they had the C.A.M.S. computer and out of the several pages of sensor jargon, one line said "MAF Low". The tech didn't want to believe that the MAF would make the car do what it was doing but he replaced it and it was fixed.

Anybody near you that would let you try their MAF?

Ed

I have the lt-1 maf/translator. Anybody ever have one go bad? Any way of checking it? Thanks, R.B.

I HAD SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPEN TO MY GN UNER MODERATE ACCELERATION...........I T WAS THE TIMING CHAIN ! NEEDE TO BE REPLACED !! TAKE TIME TO CHECK THAT

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, I CHANGED EVERYTHING FUEL FILTER/PUMP,PLUGS/WIRES/COIL,TPS SENSOR,TEMP SENSOR,INJECTORS. I EVEN PUT A NEW AC DELCO MAF SENSOR ON AND STILL GOT THE SAME PROBLEM. I JUST ORDERED MAF TRANSLATOR BOX AND LS1 MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR JUST WAITING FOR DAYS OFF TO TRY IT FINGERS CROSSED IT WORKS CASUSE SOON IM GOING CHANGING THAT ENGINE OUT WITH A 383 STROKER CAUSE THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY .

Intermittent drop to 0 sounds like a bad connection or a short. Have you checked the grounds on the back of the head?