STi vs the Pos "Monte Carlo"

Now I know that guy in the STi f**king sucks at driving. A stage II SRT4 is not a low 13 sec car. You raced a dumb motherf**ker, that has a fast car (for the price, new) and cant drive worth sh*t. I hope he is dissapointed with the car and gets rid of it so that there is 1 less person to deface the STi name. Once again good kill, an SRT shouldnt beat an STi.

Nick

I would imagine that Subaru knows what kind of driving can/can't break things after they have people like Colin McRae, Peter Solberg and Richard Burns driving thier cars.

I work at a dealer that will remain unnamed.I will warranty as long as it is within mileage and time,I don't care if you still have the slicks on it,as long as the factory doesn't send a rep to inspect.(They will do this from time to time!!!)The reason for this is beacause I get paid off these sales,so an engine or a trans is a huge sale.I don't think companys should build performance cars if they don't want them to perform.

Originally posted by I eat Z06
an SRT shouldnt beat an STi.

Nick

Pretty much, but if i could have an affordable NEW car today that i could use for transportation, and if i had to have room for friends i would defentaly pick the SRT-4, now ask me what affordable USED card i would buy ;)

What do they expect? That you're going to buy a 3 or 400 hp. car and drive like grandma?? I don't think so! :p

Now I know that guy in the STi f**king sucks at driving. A stage II SRT4 is not a low 13 sec car. You raced a dumb motherf**ker, that has a fast car (for the price, new) and cant drive worth sh*t. I hope he is dissapointed with the car and gets rid of it so that there is 1 less person to deface the STi name. Once again good kill, an SRT shouldnt beat an STi.

Nick

What does a stage II SRT-4 run? Seems like they would at least mid-13 second cars. A low-13 car racing a mid-13 car at a stoplight... a lot happens on the street. If the guy in the STi doesn't pull a low-13 everytime, I don't think it makes him a "dumb motherf**ker" :rolleyes:

A stage I SRT is a low 14 second car. A stock STi is a low 13 second car. You really have to be doing somthing wrong to be in the high 13's with that car. Like I have said before, launching an AWD car is difficult, and most Subaru/Mitsu owners dont know how to launch their cars.

Nick

Nick, a stage *0* (stock) 04 SRT Neon runs hi 13's maybe better. According to car and driver April 04 issue. 13.9 at 103. Pretty fast man.. Same issue an sti runs 13.2.. Sti should have creamed him.. How do u know that was a stage 2 neon? if so it should have been a real good race if is *was* a stage 2 Neon..

Originally posted by FlyinGN
Nick, a stage *0* (stock) 04 SRT Neon runs hi 13's maybe better. According to car and driver April 04 issue. 13.9 at 103. Pretty fast man.. Same issue an sti runs 13.2.. Sti should have creamed him.. How do u know that was a stage 2 neon? if so it should have been a real good race if is *was* a stage 2 Neon..

I'd agree with that. I was seeing stock SRT-4 times in the low-14s. The car in question was supposed to be a Stage II... seems like a pretty good race for a stock STi.

You really have to be doing somthing wrong to be in the high 13's with that car.

It doesn't take much of a mistake to run a high-13 in a low-13 second car, especially on the street.

Like I have said before, launching an AWD car is difficult, and most Subaru/Mitsu owners dont know how to launch their cars.

I thought you just said you really have to be do something wrong to run a high-13 in an STi?? Now you're saying it's really difficult to launch them. :confused: I've driven a few AWD cars (Talon, Eclipse, WRX), and it's not rocket science to launch them. Sure, it takes a lot or practice to get it "perfect", but the AWD is a lot easier to get a "decent" launch out of than a high-horsepowered RWD car. It's easier to recover from an AWD bogged launch, than a RWD smoke show off the line.

Originally posted by FlyinGN
How do u know that was a stage 2 neon? if so it should have been a real good race if is *was* a stage 2 Neon..

Well since the car belongs to my brother, i think i know whats going on with it ;)

Bad lil' sti

Hi,
Well, these things do run, and times do change. All the old muscle cars of yesteryear are just that: old muscle cars! It's always a transition. I remember a 440 sixpack giving the old Regal trouble one time, though I think he was as surprised as I was! The point is, it never changes as far as the thing is concerned, just gets more intense, better. Good racing!

Bad lil' sti

Hi,
Well, these things do run, and times do change. All the old muscle cars of yesteryear are just that: old muscle cars! It's always a transition. I remember a 440 sixpack giving the old Regal trouble one time, though I think he was as surprised as I was! The point is, it never changes as far as the thing is concerned, just gets more intense, better. Good racing!

I was asking Nick. I believe he said it was. I don't see it anywhere in these posts that it was a stage 2(though I may have missed it) .. I was not doubting ya. I was just asking..

Originally posted by Lt. Doomsday
Well since the car belongs to my brother, i think i know whats going on with it ;)

It is hard to launch AWD, cant drop the clutch, have to slip it quick. One of four things is going to happen if you launch a AWD car, you take off like a rocket, bog, kill the clutch, or blow up the trans. You have no clue on how many people post over on the Subaru sites at what RPM to drop the clutch (then are told not to). On the Subaru sites people with STi's that run 13.5's and slower get flamed pretty bad. The car has enough power to save 2.0-2.1 60 ft's to get it 13.4 range. The lowest time I have seen w/ a stock STi is a 12.9@103 (rare). The STi should have won (bigger motor, more power, awd). On the street the STi has the advantge, b/c there is no sticky track compound for the SRT to hook up. But it was a driver v. driver race, and obviously the STi driver needs some lessons.

Nick

It is hard to launch AWD, cant drop the clutch, have to slip it quick. One of four things is going to happen if you launch a AWD car, you take off like a rocket, bog, kill the clutch, or blow up the trans. You have no clue on how many people post over on the Subaru sites at what RPM to drop the clutch (then are told not to). On the Subaru sites people with STi's that run 13.5's and slower get flamed pretty bad. The car has enough power to save 2.0-2.1 60 ft's to get it 13.4 range. The lowest time I have seen w/ a stock STi is a 12.9@103 (rare). The STi should have won (bigger motor, more power, awd). On the street the STi has the advantge, b/c there is no sticky track compound for the SRT to hook up. But it was a driver v. driver race, and obviously the STi driver needs some lessons.

Nick

The "one of four things" you list for an AWD are the same for any car, except RWD/FWD also include going up in smoke. Any high-horsepower car is difficult to launch, but RWD/FWD require walking a much finer line when it comes to the launch. AWD does a better job of making up for lack of driving ability. I understand STi drivers getting flamed for running slower times, same way Cobra owners get flamed for running 13s. I was just attempting to point out that many little things can make a low-13 run into a high-13, without the driver being a "dumb motherf**ker". Most stock STi that I have seen run were in the mid/high-13s. That certainly doesn't mean they're not faster, but it does show what the average driver usually runs on an average day. Same goes for the Cobras... I've seen quite a few run high-12s/low-13s, but they're obviously capable of mid-12s in factory form.

I certainly agree that the STi is faster and more powerful, in stock form. This SRT-4 wasn't stock, so that argument doesn't apply. What kind of power does a Stage II SRT-4 put down? What kind of times do they run? It's gotta be better than low14s, considering that's what the stock SRT-4 seems to be running. Seems like a stock STi and a Stage II SRT-4 would be a good race.

And back to the original post... GOOD KILL!! :D

stock 04 SRT's are WELL into the 13's.. If you are runing low 14's you have a dud. Some of the faster drivers are in the mid 13's STOCK at atco with em.
lil fregin crotch rockets :)

Originally posted by ViciousV6
. What kind of power does a Stage II SRT-4 put down? What kind of times do they run? It's gotta be better than low14s, considering that's what the stock SRT-4 seems to be running. Seems like a stock STi and a Stage II SRT-4 would be a good race.

And back to the original post... GOOD KILL!! :D

blah blah blah Subaru > All blah blah

Nick, every time I start to like you, you get all butthurt about an STi losing to something.

Look at the goddam trap speeds. The best STi trap speed is a 103, which is rare, according to you. SRT-4s have hit 103 before as well, but 100-101 is not uncommon at all. If the STi owner didn't get out of the hole perfectly, he'd have a hard time outrunning a properly-driven SRT-4.

And I have seen stock STi times posted of mid-13s at less than 100mph. Your denial really hurts your credibility.

Look: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48778&highlight=stock+times

13.6@102, bone stock 04 SRT-4
13.8@101, bone stock 04 SRT-4

And those were posted just in that thread. I wish that SRTforums would put together a 1/4-mile times database. Anyway, you get the picture. An STi isn't amazingly faster than an SRT-4.

I ran my STi 13.239@101 with all season tires on. Smoking the front two and gettin chirps going into 2nd (from all 4). The stock tires are MUCH stickier than what I ran with. An SRT4 should not even come close to an STi. That driver blows (STi). Side note, GN is wayyy faster, but a neon (jesus christ, not even worth thinking about a challange).

Nick

I ran my STi 13.239@101 with all season tires on. Smoking the front two and gettin chirps going into 2nd (from all 4). The stock tires are MUCH stickier than what I ran with. An SRT4 should not even come close to an STi. That driver blows (STi). Side note, GN is wayyy faster, but a neon (jesus christ, not even worth thinking about a challange).

Nick

Jesus Christ man, how dense are you? I just threw up examples of stock SRT-4s trapping the same as your untouchable STi, which means that the only reason they don't ET as well as the STi is the AWD advantage.

SRT-4: 2900lb curb weight, ~260 flywheel hp (at 15% drivetrain loss)

STi: 3200lb curb weight, 300 flywheel hp

SRT-4: 11.1lb/hp
STi: 10.6lb/hp

Not a huge difference.