Steering Column Replacement Options

Papituyo326

I have an 87 WE4 that was broken into and the steering column tilt retention mechanism was severely damaged. I have access to an 84 Monte Carlo steering column nearby from a local junkyard.

Are the columns for these two G bodies similar enough that I can do a simple swap over, or component swap?

IT WILL WORK . IS THE OTHER COLUMN FLOOR SHIFT AS WELL? IF NOT I HAVE SOME COLUMNS HERE

You can still get all the parts for the column and repair what you've got if you want. It's a bit of a pain but if you do a little reading and take your time you should be able to do it.;)

Ended getting the monte/el camino column for 40 bucks. Tilt mechanism is in great shape and appears identical to the regal. Going to try swapping over only the broken pieces.

same column, as long as they are both tilt and floor shift. rebuilding them is fairly easy,but a swap is much faster

still the same if both are column shift.column shift will work with floor shift,you will just have a nub where shifter was,or swap out the lower bowl