Steering colum

EVIL

BANNED FOREVER
My steering wheel/column is positioned to the left a bit. Maybe from a previous accident. Is there a way to reposition or move the column to the right as to center it?

I've looked all over the front end and there isn't any evidence of an accident and the car is straight and everything lines up good.

D

every G body is like that. it's normal. i don't know why they did it like that, but they did.

Try removing the vanity panel under the dash and adjust it by loosening the bolts there.:)

Try removing the vanity panel under the dash and adjust it by loosening the bolts there.:)
you can move it a little, but not enough to get it centered and straight.. plus you will then have a weird gap on one side of the column where the dash bezel goes around it.
if you wanted to get crazy, you could remove the column and enlarge the holes where it bolts to the firewall. between that and moving it up where it bolts under the dash, you might get the column to straighten out and still be centered in the hole in the dash.