Starts and stalls

buickturboman

I start the GN, it runs for a moment and stalls. Start again and stalls. I give it some gas and breaks up and stalls. New MAF and new EGR sensor just installed and computer not coding anything. Any ideas? Think the new coil pack I will receive next week will make the difference. Frustrating as hell...

I start the GN, it runs for a moment and stalls. Start again and stalls. I give it some gas and breaks up and stalls. New MAF and new EGR sensor just installed and computer not coding anything. Any ideas? Think the new coil pack I will receive next week will make the difference. Frustrating as hell...

New Chip? Does it have anti theft?

No anti theft. Same ol' Red Armstrong chip for 009's.
If my Direct Scan picked up a trouble code it would really be a help, but no code so the mystery remains. I am not sure if an electrical problem like a pack or the ignition module would be picked up by th car's computer to code for Direct Scan to read. I may email Kent Chu for this question.

What maf? Stock replacment? Do you have your old one? Try unpluging the maf and see if it runs. That will tell you if thats the problem.

I just purchased this MAF because of this problem thinking the old one may have been bad. Guess not. Here is the ad.

Remanufactured

UP FOR AUCTION IS BRAND NEW/REMANUFACTERED "GM" A.C DELCO MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR FOR 1986-1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL, T-TYPE, TURBO REGALS, GNX & 1989 TURBO TRANS-AM.

THIS IS A COMPLETELY OVERHAULED/UPGRADED UNIT WITH THE CORRECT GRAND NATIONAL "GM" HOUSING WITH 90 DEGREE WIRE CONNECTOR.

My GN Looks identical to yours since we have the GNX style wheels.
You have the SMC alky system. Can you run up to 22 lbs boost with alky or methanol on pump gas?
Any opinion on the SMC as compared to Julio Don's when I get this problem fixed, like to get one.

I just purchased this MAF because of this problem thinking the old one may have been bad. Guess not. Here is the ad.

Remanufactured

UP FOR AUCTION IS BRAND NEW/REMANUFACTERED "GM" A.C DELCO MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR FOR 1986-1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL, T-TYPE, TURBO REGALS, GNX & 1989 TURBO TRANS-AM.

THIS IS A COMPLETELY OVERHAULED/UPGRADED UNIT WITH THE CORRECT GRAND NATIONAL "GM" HOUSING WITH 90 DEGREE WIRE CONNECTOR.

My GN Looks identical to yours since we have the GNX style wheels.
You have the SMC alky system. Can you run up to 22 lbs boost with alky or methanol on pump gas?
Any opinion on the SMC as compared to Julio Don's when I get this problem fixed, like to get one.

Well thats a load of crap. You should of gotten a ls-1 with the translator if you want a new maf. Then you can tune fuel a little. Send that piece of crap back.
I'm running arond 20psi on 93 oct. It pulls real hard. Cant wait to get it to the track. The SMC kit is nice. Both kits are a good choice.
It's preference. :D

When you don't keep up on these things like a lot of you all do, then you make a few mistakes here and there. I may need to consider one of these then down the road dude. Thanx.

When you don't keep up on these things like a lot of you all do, then you make a few mistakes here and there. I may need to consider one of these then down the road dude. Thanx.

Isn't that how it always goes? Believe me I know all about it. I always buy two.