Starting to make progress.

you think the reduced flow has do with the added baffles in the intake? I think so. if i was to take them out would it flow more or less? I know it would flow more. Why are the ports in nicks intake bigger but flow less? again i believe its do to the baffles.. you guys know more then i but i belive the baffles in the intake are causing a restriction to a point thus making the intake flow less NO? just putting it out there

you think the reduced flow has do with the added baffles in the intake? I think so. if i was to take them out would it flow more or less? I know it would flow more. Why are the ports in nicks intake bigger but flow less? again i believe its do to the baffles.. you guys know more then i but i belive the baffles in the intake are causing a restriction to a point thus making the intake flow less NO? just putting it out there

Brent

The small difference in flow between the 2 is pretty small... So who know if its the baffles or simply casting differences. I was simply ribbing charlie is all. The flow data don't lie.

Anyhow back to the topic.

Kick A$$ build!

The total flow will be there regardless Brent. I know I keep harping on it but if you take the total volume of the HA gutted intake and an IC intake you'll see about 1/2 the size in the IC versus the HA gutted one. That's all I've been trying to point out.:)

Brent

The small difference in flow between the 2 is pretty small... So who know if its the baffles or simply casting differences. I was simply ribbing charlie is all. The flow data don't lie.

Anyhow back to the topic.

Kick A$$ build!

And Pat....:p

Hijack over now.:D

All good info and thoughts. I have been following most of the threads on this. when I get get it running then I can keep every one informed as to how it runs. But just in case I still have my untouched stock intake on the shelf.

As always there are details that get missed. I may have used a non recomended head gasket. i used felpro part 8723 pt-1
i cam across info that said this should not be used in a turbo application. i read that stock for the 84/85 was thinner and this was the part that kept comming up as the 84 replacement. more research before i procced Bob

All good info and thoughts. I have been following most of the threads on this. when I get get it running then I can keep every one informed as to how it runs. But just in case I still have my untouched stock intake on the shelf.

As always there are details that get missed. I may have used a non recomended head gasket. i used felpro part 8723 pt-1
i cam across info that said this should not be used in a turbo application. i read that stock for the 84/85 was thinner and this was the part that kept comming up as the 84 replacement. more research before i procced Bob

I made the same mistake as you with a previous engine build. I put Felpro 1000 gasket on and did not take into account the thicker gasket. It does make a difference. I would change the out while you have the engine on a stand. My engine builder put Cometic gaskets on the last build. These work fine for me but there are differing opinions on this subject. Keep us posted. Brad

Before I knew about different head gaskets I used Felpro 8723PT's and had no problem with them for 5 yrs, even with some pretty severe detonation. Just keep one thing in mind........detonation (knock) kills no matter what head gasket you use. That's my 2 cents.

Pete

head gasket issue resolved. i purchased a set from nick at arizonagn. progress will continue when i have some time off. bob

thanks nick :)

what's the deal with the 8723 gasket? Why shouldn't they be used on a turbo engine?

I spent a little time in the garage today. still have a lot to do. i was draging parts out and cleaning and ended up doing a mock up to see if all the parts were accounted for. most everything is just finger tight but i had to take a pic anyway.

Attachments

• motor mock up.jpg
    motor mock up.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 142
well cleaning turned in to disassembly and painting ....... core s
IMG950977.jpg
IMG951695.jpg
core support and inner fenders completed
still looking for a april completion
bob

time to get going again . I had to set the car aside for the summer. thought I would post my starting point and update as I go. suspension going together next weekend

Attachments

• 1112121022a.jpg
    1112121022a.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 1112121022c.jpg
    1112121022c.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 1112121022b.jpg
    1112121022b.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 132
that is the plan. ... I have most of the parts needed to complete the car. everything is cleaned, painted, or new.......What I need is A few weekends without distraction. Family will be visiting for holidays and agreed to help.

new dakota dash installed today , some wiring to complete after engine install.. next day off possibly
1125121701.jpg
1125121702.jpg
1125121702a.jpg
1125121701.jpg1125121702.jpg1125121702a.jpg