Starting to lose interest...

Months later update: Car hasn't really moved all summer. I've taken it for a few spins and it's just not the same. I think I'm done. I know I'll be sad to see it go, but I don't think cars are meant to just sit there to be looked at or take up space. I'll be putting up an ad in the for sale section sometime soon, when I get a little time to sit down.

I just don't have the time or money to support 3 cars plus a bike, something has to give and the truck and bike aren't going anywhere...

Bought the car in Oct. '04 for $7,000 and have put well over $2,000 into it (TA-49, 009's, Walbro340, new style Big Mouth intake, 3" "Grumpy pipe", translator and LT-1 MAF, Razor's Alky, Centerline wheels, etc.). I think $7,500 firm is a fair price. But as I said, I'll post up an ad when I get the chance. :(

Here's the original thread I bought the car from. I'm truly stunned at how fast time has gone...

http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/eastern-united-states/27735-1987-limited-t.html

Its funny you bought that from Tommy... Hell of a guy so I'm sure that car has been kept up properly.

Sorry that your thinking about selling it and hate to say that I know what your feeling. I have played with the idea on and off myself. Especially now with the winter upon us even more so. I wish you good luck on the sale given the economy but that price shouldn't be to hard to push.

Whoa...it's been five years already??? How's the family? That means your daughter is 5 yrs old now too....how can you sell her first car?!?!?! ;)

Funny how you mentioned your dad in the first post. I flew out to Michigan to buy that car and drive it back on Father's day...the first Father's Day after my dad had passed away. Deep down i think i bought the car as a distraction to not have to face my first father's day without my dad around.

Maybe you should sleep on it over the winter? :D I so wish I could get that car back in my driveway :redface: That's a heck of a deal. I wish you luck with whatever you decide...i was in the same boat when i sold it to you 5 years ago.

alot of good opinions here

1st off sorry out your dad, i think you should really sit on it for awhile. sure it brings back memories about him and you driving it and bonding. but in my opinion just hang on to it. rent a storage unit and store it, the thing that would kill me would be driving around and seeing someone else with their father in it and bringing back old memories. my dad, and 2 brothers played golf, not often due to he lived 2 hrs away and his health was failing but me and my brothers still play a few times a year and it brings back alot of memories. we even had his marker inscripted gone golfing because that was our bonding time. regradless if it's turning wrenches, chasing girls, or whatever. if you sell if you'll never feel the same even if you buy a simular car. my .02 is to keep it and hand it down to your child when the time comes. then the child will have something to remind you of the good old days.