Starting air press for M/T's

blckgnx

Older Member
I've finnally got some 275/60/15 MT's and am heading to the strip tomarrow night. Any ideas on starting air press? I can't go to low as I have to drive the car back home approx 80 miles. (No air available) Thanks in advance, Ron

Tire pressure

I ran 17 psi at the track with stock suspension and managed low 1.6 sixty foots. I have the same size tire.

You'll be surprised how well they handle... even with low air pressure in them.

I use to run around with 15psi in mine when I expected a little late night street action... :cool:

I assume your talking about the drag radials right ?

14-15 psi worked for me, I was able to launch with 10lbs and hooked with a 1.58' using 255/60 MT DRs.

starting air press

Thanks guys, I understand not to get em wet either, just a dry hop and go? I'll let you know what happens tomarrow, maybe even tonite if I'm real stoked. The first time with this car! Ron

Well guys, Thanks for the help on the tire pressures. I guess the buick is kinda like me, Old and Slow. 14.90 at 92mph, o well. I've got a lot to learn about this car! Thanks again, Ron

1.50 at 23psi on tthe 16" MTradials (26"tall)

as to the comment about them handling at low pressure all i can say is youll be surprised how much they will spin on the rim at low pressure , mark them and see

ive tried low and high and the higher always lead to a better top end mph with no decrease in 60 ft ability