Started my install today...

GlockandRoll

Alpine head unit w/iPod controll and time-aligned crossovers with real time parametric self learning equalizer.

5-channel Soundstream high-current reference amplifier mated to the following:
High pass to the waveguides around 500hz (where humans perceive left/right stereo separation), 90-500hz bandpass to the doors in a totally stealth 6.5" install tucked away in the factory door locations.
90-down low-pass for 2ohm mono push-pull isobaric bandpass sub-woofer enclosure that is so small you will not believe the accuracy and power it has.

No rear deck speakers used, 50amp circuit breaker, and optima battery with 4 gauge power wire running to the amp in the trunk.

Here are the only pics I have uploaded now, from my phone, however the whole process is being documented with a high-quality Nikon DSLR camera.

Wish me luck!!!
;)

31006_1421549697053_1182005218_1172663_7522284_n.jpg

31006_1421719861307_1182005218_1173130_6768891_n.jpg

Will do, we are ordering parts now... we plan to finish memorial day weekend.
BTW, do you have the imprint tuning activated?

They were a new old stock pair of Comp 2 image dynamics I bought from a member on the ID forums. Decided the Alpine Imprint wasn't what I wanted, bought a delco CD player to put my Buick cassette knobs on it and wait till you see the door panels, my buddy is a MASTERFUL installer, they look stock, but we have 6.5" focal mid-bass drivers in it.

I'm actually even considering an iPod video and a small LCD screen that folds under the head-unit all controlled via an Audio Controll DQL-8.

They are made out of 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 MDF. They are covered in a black leatherette vinyl with black grill cloth. I would post a pic but cannot until i have 4 posts under my belt.

You should be able to see it on the link posted earlier, let me know if it's not working. I dont have the camera card, unfortunately.

The like should work. When I get a chance I will take a better pick of the back of the door.

I still need to build the drivers side and will be doing that next week

I see, your utilizing the original concert sound hole cut in the door for the magnet. My car isnt concert sound. So I just put a low depth speaker on top of the original concert sound pods.

The midbass has to be secured into the metal of the door so the basket is held in place and able to transfer the energy to the cone.

These will play down nicely to give that front attack that I need, snares, etc. the upper-mids and treble will all come from the horns in what I hope is a perfect L/R stereo image.