stall options ?

koch186

I'm in the middle of a rebuild. Going with a 206 hydrolic cam with a 110 lift. I have a 49 turbo. What stall should I go with? not going to the track I want something streetable. I was told 3300. Just curious. Thanks

3300 is to high...I'd call Dave huesk

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Think you'll find the majority of people using TA-49 / TE-44's use a 2800 stall for theseTurbos with journal bearings.

Mine had a 3200 and it was fine but the turbo really needed it. If I was doing it with a 49 I would aim for around 2800

I'm doing a ta49 on mine an just bought a 2800 stall 10".Ptc

It depends on the converter.a protorque 10.5 3200 et'd and mph the best on my old 49 combo,but that was also locked up wot.2800 will work on a 49,also have been in a 49 car with a 9 ac 3500 which et'd its a## off but low mph.

Even with the 206 cam should I use a 2800 ? Should I have a lock converter with anyone I buy ?

............ I have a 49 turbo. What stall should I go with? not going to the track I want something streetable. I was told 3300. Just curious. Thanks

You asked a good question but did not state a very important piece of information which will make a large difference for a proper choice, and that is which exhaust housing are you going to use, a Garrett or a Precision?

Since this is a street car, a Garrett housing will have much better response and drivability, and will work great with an original GN D5 lock up converter which has been re-stalled to the max.

We have done many GN's with this combo since it provides affordable and reliable performance around town as well as on the road. :)

Well I have the Garrett housing. I take it the d5 is the stock converter ? If so that would be great because the wife's not to happy with the 7k I already dropped on the engine build and dress up. Lol:). Any other suggestions for the tranny while the car is apart.

Get a PTC 10" 2800 from Dusty. From my understanding the PTC's are equal to others 32-3400 stalls because of the ways they rate them. I've got a TE60 with precision housing, and the new stall spools it up off idle in 1 second literally!

Well I have the Garrett housing. I take it the d5 is the stock converter ? If so that would be great because the wife's not to happy with the 7k I already dropped on the engine build and dress up. Lol:). Any other suggestions for the tranny while the car is apart.

Yeah, get rid of the wife before you start the tranny.....