STAGE 2 street/strip shortblock

I ran some numbers based on 3800 #'s...... 2 different RWHP calcualators said at 891 RWHP and 3800#'s ...... you should trap around 144.6 MPH. It is possible to trap 144.6 MPH with a 9.5x ET.

If he produces a timeslip with close to trap speed numbers..... I'll concede and tip my hat..... that is one bad mofo.

Either way..... it is still a stout combo.

Isn't a 016 a SI instead of a SII ??? Great price either way...

Someone with more knowledge can answer.... but I believe you can run Stage II heads on that block...... and most 016's I have seen are 4 bolt mains..... and have 14 head bolt holes..... so IMHO..... it can do it all anyway.

It is an off-center motor..... where some of the stage motors are "on center"

I've had the same question myself..... but I think I have seen it sometimes called a Stage I....... and sometimes a stage II. Doesn't help much does it? :eek:

I agree..... you'll have to show me 8's are no problem @ 3,800 # with a 265 cu in turbo V6 regal with stock style heads (GN1's) on a 67 turbo.
I was referring to the MOTOR being capable of making that power. Not motor and turbo.

I think for the price its a great deal period.

Still wondering who built the motor. Is it some kinda trade secret or something? If Patrick says its a reputable builder then ill just take his word on it.

The buyer will receive full disclosure of the complete history of this engine. They will not be disappointed.

I was referring to the MOTOR being capable of making that power. Not motor and turbo.

I think for the price its a great deal period.

Still wondering who built the motor. Is it some kinda trade secret or something? If Patrick says its a reputable builder then ill just take his word on it.

Hey Brett if you read the thread above, the builder ID's himself.

.100" over is pretty big for a 4.1 Offcenter block. The motor sounds like it makes good H.P. however you slice it.

Neal

interesting trades accepted. ( no refrigerators please;))

im willing to sell the bare shortblock for 6500....no oilpan cam frontcover balancer or flywheel....try to find a better deal than that!

Has anyone that is inquiring about the motor read,
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbos-turbo-related-parts/329249-billet-67-runs-9-71-a.html
the builder ID's him self, he says Hi I built the motor and yes it will run... and this guys wouldnt put his name on junk, most people he builds motors for want 6 months + for one of his motors.

I have no interest in the motor nor do i know the seller, just a great admirer of the builder, if block was sonic check and check out OK bore size doesn't matter.

Has anyone that is inquiring about the motor read,
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbos-turbo-related-parts/329249-billet-67-runs-9-71-a.html
the builder ID's him self, he says Hi I built the motor and yes it will run... and this guys wouldnt put his name on junk, most people he builds motors for want 6 months + for one of his motors.

I have no interest in the motor nor do i know the seller, just a great admirer of the builder, if block was sonic check and check out OK bore size doesn't matter.

Bore size doesn't matter? LMFAO

I think this motor is priced fair, but most people in the market aren't going to want to spend the $$ on a motor that may need to be resleeved on its next rebuild. To a buyer looking for a S2 motor... that matters A TON, which is why they are asking.

the block was sonic checked to be good for another few rebuilds

Bore size doesn't matter? LMFAO

I think this motor is priced fair, but most people in the market aren't going to want to spend the $$ on a motor that may need to be resleeved on its next rebuild. To a buyer looking for a S2 motor... that matters A TON, which is why they are asking.

maybe you should base you comments on facts instead of opinion, and stop all your negative comments on the sellers thread.

Dan Strezo built this motor and sonic checked the block and if he says its good for another few rebuild you are you to argue that FACT.

sorry to OP I'm done in your thread

maybe you should base you comments on facts instead of opinion, and stop all your negative comments on the sellers thread.

Dan Strezo built this motor and sonic checked the block and if he says its good for another few rebuild you are you to argue that FACT.

sorry to OP I'm done in your thread

thank you.

mods can we get a cleanup on this thread.

I don't think it was insunated that the motor is junk just that 4.065" is a large bore size for a 4.1 liter Off center block. The number future rebuilds will be less than a block with a smaller bore size.

Neal

I am getting a SII built right now, too late for me on this one.

Regarding the bore size vs rebuilds, who could afford to build a stage II more than once anyways!