265 cubic inches
steel crank
oliver billet rods
je pistons with 2 spares
dls custom roller cam with high rev lifters
duttweiler oiling system with lines
stefs oil pan with windage tray
cam gear oil squirter

engine has 8 passes and 2,600 street miles after being freshened up in early 2010.

motor is set up to be rum with champion aluminum heads.

dynod at 891 rwp on 93/alky and a 67mm turbo

clean fresh and ready to go. priced to sell

$9500

located in chicago

Cummon man...... puff puff pass!

67 Turbo?

You meant dual 67 turbos........

or maybe the dyno was loose as a goose.

Sounds like a decent deal..... G/L with the sale.

the turbo was a CEA67hpq. it was a 4bolt with a .68 a/r housing .look up the ratings on it or ask precision what it can do.

i would also be interested in selling the motor as a long block with DLS ported 14 bolt gn1's roller rockers, studs, pushrods etc, already installed for 12k.

i forgot to mention, the shortblock comes with balancer, front cover, flywheel and starter.

drop in and go!

Straight 93/alky? I call BS. Even on straight race gas I call BS. No need to inflate numbers. Anyone here thinking of purchasing a setup like that knows exactly what it is capable of. What boost were you at? It would have to be 45+ psi.

I can attest to the fact that this motor did put out those numbers. It's a very impressive engine.

I can attest to the fact that this motor did put out those numbers. It's a very impressive engine.

You've got to admit.... that is enough HP to go 8.50's..... cause I saw Jim's car run myself at Reynolds last year...... mid 8's..... to my knowledge...... there has never been a 67 anything on a turbo Buick go an 8 anything......

Just sayin.....

Maybe dyno is throwing out bad numbers?

I'm not doubting for a minute that it is a stout combo..... just the RWHP numbers don't seem to line-up with anybody on TB.com's numbers.

Any times for the car?

the turbo was a CEA67hpq. it was a 4bolt with a .68 a/r housing .look up the ratings on it or ask precision what it can do.

i would also be interested in selling the motor as a long block with DLS ported 14 bolt gn1's roller rockers, studs, pushrods etc, already installed for 12k.

i forgot to mention, the shortblock comes with balancer, front cover, flywheel and starter.

drop in and go!

The ratings are only a "guide" but still 920HP is flywheel HP...... that would be 730 or so to the tires...... I believe there have been some instances especially with the imports with much better flowing heads.... that they exceeded the "rated" HP.... I suppose a max effort TSM motor might also be able to exceed the hp "rating" of some turbos...... but it is real rare..... and exceeding it by over 150HP would be a stretch no?

Just looked down..... 18 people viewing this one thread..... :)

this engine was in my car before i replaced it with a 274 cid stage 2.

if you search the forum, this is the motor that ran a 9.71 in a 3800lb tr on pump gas and alky. two weeks later it ran a 9.52 on c-16.

i have no idea who the other guy with a 76 is or what his combo is so i wont comment.

There was a lot of speculation as to why my car went slower with the 274 and the only thing we could come up with was that the heads flowed more with the bigger bore(4.065) vs the 3.9x of my 274.

im pretty much done with buick motors otherwise id get this back.

-dr boost

The ratings are only a "guide" but still 920HP is flywheel HP...... that would be 730 or so to the tires...... I believe there have been some instances especially with the imports with much better flowing heads.... that they exceeded the "rated" HP.... I suppose a max effort TSM motor might also be able to exceed the hp "rating" of some turbos...... but it is real rare..... and exceeding it by over 150HP would be a stretch no?

Just looked down..... 18 people viewing this one thread..... :)

I agree.

Out of this combo, on C16, I could believe 700-750rwhp @ 35psi but not much more. Those imports making the bigger power with these turbos are also spinning the motors to 9K also.

this engine was in my car before i replaced it with a 274 cid stage 2.

if you search the forum, this is the motor that ran a 9.71 in a 3800lb tr on pump gas and alky. two weeks later it ran a 9.52 on c-16.

i have no idea who the other guy with a 76 is or what his combo is so i wont comment.

There was a lot of speculation as to why my car went slower with the 274 and the only thing we could come up with was that the heads flowed more with the bigger bore(4.065) vs the 3.9x of my 274.

im pretty much done with buick motors otherwise id get this back.

What was the trap speed on these passes?

Its a badass motor either way and we all know its capable of runnen 8's with ease. I guess that's all that's really important. Btw, who built the motor?

Its a badass motor either way and we all know its capable of runnen 8's with ease. I guess that's all that's really important. Btw, who built the motor?

Not with a 67 turbo its not.

But your right, The motor sounds like a stout piece that is well priced.

Good luck with the sale.

Not with a 67 turbo its not.

But your right, The motor sounds like a stout piece that is well priced.

Good luck with the sale.

I agree..... you'll have to show me 8's are no problem @ 3,800 # with a 265 cu in turbo V6 regal with stock style heads (GN1's) on a 67 turbo.

I'd believe the 730 RWHP is probably do-able.......

IMHO it will take north of 800 RWHP to bust an 8 in a full weight car.

Again..... not taking away from the motor forsale...... it is a strong combo......

On the plus side.... all these posts are really getting it looked at by alot of people. :biggrin:

It really doesn't matter what the RWHP number is..... the track numbers are what is really the true measuring stick anyway...... dyno numbers don't mean squat.

Ok guys, let's all calm down.

I know the car that this motor came out of and the turbo. Heck, I'm the one that put the order in our system for the turbo. Cal purchased it for the end user. Also, the hp figures quoted were done on a dynojet dyno. And we all know that dynojet numbers read lower than a mustang chassis dyno. This is not to take anything away from this motor as it is indeed a serious motor.

I also know who built this motor and I'm sure if he wants it to be known, he will post about it. I can assure you though, he is one of the best in the country.

This turbo in question, was indeed one of our Billet CEA 67HPQ turbos (PTB605-6768B) with a T4 .68 A/R housing, dual ball bearing and H compressor cover. That turbo is conservatively rated to support 945 flywheel hp. And his quoted boost that he ran on 93/alky was 26psi.

Here is the original post about the car running the 9.71 pass.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbos-turbo-related-parts/329249-billet-67-runs-9-71-a.html

Hope some of this helps with your sale.

Patrick

Ok guys, let's all calm down.

I know the car that this motor came out of and the turbo. Heck, I'm the one that put the order in our system for the turbo. Cal purchased it for the end user. Also, the hp figures quoted were done on a dynojet dyno. And we all know that dynojet numbers read lower than a mustang chassis dyno. This is not to take anything away from this motor as it is indeed a serious motor.

I also know who built this motor and I'm sure if he wants it to be known, he will post about it. I can assure you though, he is one of the best in the country.

This turbo in question, was indeed one of our Billet CEA 67HPQ turbos (PTB605-6768B) with a T4 .68 A/R housing, dual ball bearing and H compressor cover. That turbo is conservatively rated to support 945 flywheel hp. And his quoted boost that he ran on 93/alky was 26psi.

Here is the original post about the car running the 9.71 pass.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbos-turbo-related-parts/329249-billet-67-runs-9-71-a.html

Hope some of this helps with your sale.

Patrick

Don't you mean dynojet #'s run higher than Mustang dyno numbers?