Stage 2 GN1 head motor proven 8 sec TSO combo

turbobuick

Staff member
This is the motor that is currently in my TSO car and can be heard running and seen running at Norwalk. To date it has 3 330' runs adn two dyno pulls. It made 899@20psi and 977@28psi on dyno and has A LOT more left in it. Combo has been 8.55@163 previously and will go faster with the recent updates. I plan to run this motor for Norwalk and it is also for sale along with the complete car. After Norwalk it is coming out to make room for the new setup along with the chassis update for the car. This is a complete setup no guess work no R&D no tuning, drop in and run 8's!

Engine:
153 On center S2 4.015" bore one sleeve no repairs or damage cross bolt front and rear
Pistons Custom CP from DLS
Crank Billet 3.59 LA Enterprises
Crower Billet Rods
Rollmaster timing chain
Custom Extreme Automatics billet roller cam
Smith Brothers pushrods
Champion GN1 Heads extensively modified by both Champion and Extreme Automatics. Heads have many many 8 second passes without cracking and on last inspection still have a clean bill of health. Heads have relocated exhaust port with extra material in crack prone areas. They are a custom casting from Champion have relocated spark plug location different CC and flow better than any other GN1 head I've seen or tested.
T&D shaft rockers
Champion intake custom ported
70mm TB
BHJ Balancer
JW Flexplate
Powder coated champion valve covers
Oil System
CAS Sheetmetal oil pan
-4an rear cyl head drain back
Duttwieller oil pump w extensive modifcations and custom coatings
All oil lines
$15000

Fuel System:
160# injectors
Weldon regulator
Accel Gen 7 engine management with Extreme Automatics tuning
Accel WBO2 controller and internal datalogger with NTK sensor
Custom engine wiring harness for GN and above setup
$1900

Ignition:
MSD Distributor
Moroso wires with sleeves
Accel DFI 6A ingintion box
Accel DFI coil
$700

Turbo/Exhaust:
PTE T4 4788 $1600

ATR headers modified for T4 turbo and plumbed for EGT probes jet hot coated
Tail 44mm wastegate
Custom 4" SS downpipe with 4" "muffler and turndown $1600

Innovative MSBC (latest version) complete with selenoids etc $400

CAS V1 intercooler with pipes and hoses. IC is in good shape but has some battle scars on it still works fine and is one of he best IC's we've tesed. $700

Or I will sell the complete package above for $19,500 which is essentially everything under the hood of my GN minus the radiator & fan setup. I am not interested in parting out the components until the long block is sold.

100_1492.jpg

100_1491.jpg

100_1493.jpg

That sounds like an awesome engine setup, I wish I had the extra funding! One question though, why would it only pickup 78 hp by raising it 8psi boost? Or is that a common number at that performance level?

That sounds like an awesome engine setup, I wish I had the extra funding! One question though, why would it only pickup 78 hp by raising it 8psi boost? Or is that a common number at that performance level?

We weren't really tuning it on the dyno just making pulls to break in the motor. The VE table was a little closer at 20psi than 28psi so if I would've cleaned it up some and made another pull we would've made more power. Plus the turbo only starts to make good power at 28-32psi so another 4 psi increase would likely see just as good a climb in power. We also start to scale timing back at 28psi so we had a few extra degrees in at 20. Bottom line is we really don't tune the motor for optimum power at those levels since we don't spend a lot of time there.:cool:

If indeed you do part it out I just want to put my name in the hat for your Weldon fuel presure reg. Good luck with your sale.

For sale???

Good luck with the sale. Hate to see the car being part out.....

Would MUCH rather sell the whole car than just the motor. Still looking for a player on the whole package. If I sell just the motor the car will go back together and be back in action by the end of the year with a 25.5 chassis cert and a new motor.

This motor gotsta go!!

MAKE OFFERS!! Willing to deal!!

Car went 8.68@163.21 at Norwalk on drag radials and with a still relatively mild tune up! Combo has definite 8.40's in it and probably 165 mph maybe more! This is one of the fastest production head motors in existence.

New motor is almost done and new fuel management system is on order need $$ to complete project. MAKE offers! May take vehicle trades also let me know what you have.

Accel DFI Gen 7 with pro key, calcom cable, engine harness, internal datalogger, driveshaft speed, NTK WBO2, MSD distributor, DFI coil, DFI 6a ignition box, Moroso plug wires. $2000! Will setup and help tune for your combo.

Brand New in the box never even opened AMS1000 boost controller $750 plus the ride.

Used Innovative MSBC $375

Engine:
153 On center S2 4.015" bore one sleeve no repairs or damage cross bolt front and rear
Pistons Custom CP from DLS
Crank Billet 3.59 LA Enterprises
Crower Billet Rods
Rollmaster timing chain
Custom Extreme Automatics billet roller cam
Smith Brothers pushrods
Champion GN1 Heads extensively modified by both Champion and Extreme Automatics. Heads have many many 8 second passes without cracking and on last inspection still have a clean bill of health. Heads have relocated exhaust port with extra material in crack prone areas. They are a custom casting from Champion have relocated spark plug location different CC and flow better than any other GN1 head I've seen or tested.
T&D shaft rockers
BHJ Balancer
JW Flexplate
Powder coated champion valve covers
Oil System
CAS Sheetmetal oil pan
-4an rear cyl head drain back
Duttwieller oil pump w extensive modifcations and custom coatings
All oil lines
Complete Long block minus intake $12,500

60’ 1.349
330 3.547
1/8 5.368
MPH 135.16
1000’ 6.944
¼ 8.288
MPH 166.95

35psi boost 21.5* timing on 325/50 Drag Radials!

Good chatting with you Chris, I am definately interested in the goodies if I can get a local guy to buy my setup....:smile:

Any new times?

Nothing real exciting we tested a few changes and still need a few more passes. We ran a few 8.3x's@167.