Stage 2 engine complete, race ready!!!

Stage blocks (iron not a TA alum) have the turbo 6 emblem cast into the sides of the block.

Wish I had the dough to get it...great price!!!! That engine in a tubbed/caged 280z...wee hew

Stage 1 is manuf. by Buick Motorspors and is totally different from a 109.
that's something brand new for me :eek: I guess you learn everyday ,since the real stage I is a special engine it probably cost a lot of money to build it and probably is not as good as stage II ...that's just logic ... since 109 block have already been in high 8's I guess building stage I would make no sense at all ,right ? stage two is very costly to build so I guess if I want to go low 8's or faster I would just do what you doing ....build SBC .....much cheaper / more power for same money , better sound, more reliable ,much more parts /power options avaible and so on and on ....thanks for this grate info EightSecV6 :wink:

that's something brand new for me :eek: I guess you learn everyday ,since the real stage I is a special engine it probably cost a lot of money to build it and probably is not as good as stage II ...that's just logic ... since 109 block have already been in high 8's I guess building stage I would make no sense at all ,right ? stage two is very costly to build so I guess if I want to go low 8's or faster I would just do what you doing ....build SBC .....much cheaper / more power for same money , better sound, more reliable ,much more parts /power options avaible and so on and on ....thanks for this grate info EightSecV6 :wink:

A stage 1 is hands down WAAAAAY more reliable than a 109. A properly built SBC is way more expensive than a comparable V6.
Stage 1 and Stage 2 blocks are both available in 4.1 and 3.8 versions.

A stage 1 is hands down WAAAAAY more reliable than a 109. A properly built SBC is way more expensive than a comparable V6.
Stage 1 and Stage 2 blocks are both available in 4.1 and 3.8 versions.

I have never seen or heard of stage I block till now , it's probably same with most of us on this forum , just wonder would you say stage I is about what Gen III 3.8 L block ]is or is is still something special ,if so could you shine some light on the issue ?

I have never seen or heard of stage I block till now , it's probably same with most of us on this forum , just wonder would you say stage I is about what Gen III 3.8 L block ]is or is is still something special ,if so could you shine some light on the issue ?

You claim to have a 109 built like you do but have never heard of a stage 1 block until now:eek:

if Stage 1 and Stage 2 blocks are both available in 4.1 and 3.8 versions is there any physical differences between the two??

You claim to have a 109 built like you do but have never heard of a stage 1 block until now:eek:
I am just a guy who bought his first 87 GN 6 years ago and trying to make it little bit faster ..I AM NOT Buick guru like yourself ,tell me , did any 86'/87' Buick GN came with stage motor ? Then why would I know about it ? I represent 95 % if not more of Buick comunity here that thinks that stage I is 3.8L block and stage II is 4.1L that by the way is NOT anything more then todays GM motor designs I think , EightSecV6 and d90Dan info is appriciated , we learning something from it , your Johndeeregn smart remarks are useless ,go hide under some rock in Nebraska and make shure you take your skoals with you :biggrin:

Read this for stage motor info:
Block Photo Guide

13k is a deal on this motor. What are the cam spec's?

Gczarny,

Read Dans link it should bring u up to the remaining 5 %. If can buy the stage motor from Bill.A I assure you if you put that motor in your car set up properly the difference will be CLEAR :eek: great deal on a bad azz mtr.

Gczarny,

Read Dans link it should bring u up to the remaining 5 %. If can buy the stage motor from Bill.A I assure you if you put that motor in your car set up properly the difference will be CLEAR :eek: great deal on a bad azz mtr.

I agree 100% baadgn.....after reading Dans link I know I don't/ never had stage motor ,also I know the Bill A motor is probably the best ,I have heard about Him , and at that price 13k ...somebody hold me before I unwrap everybodies Christmas gifts right now :mad: ......anyway .would love to have his motor in my Buick but.....will not happen , don't have extra 13k to spend at this time and Bill A will not trade for 109 blocks motors so ....case closed , I learned something new again ,thanks for the info and Happy Holidays Everybody !

hey Billy and Jeff
I will trade you Arties 18k mile GN t-top car that has been in my garage for almost 2 years...LOL...will even deliver it...