Stage 2 engine build pics

Any more updates Allen?

Prasad

Not much more noticable has happened. I've spent a lot of time with some wiring and adding some analog sensors to the engine. I have the inner fenders and inside of the front fenders presped and painted. I removed the drivers side door and decided to replace it. It will be some time before it sees the road again. Finding it hard to spend time on the car latley.

Allan G.

Been working on the body. Didn't plan on going this far. Door jams and rockers were horrible from the factory and even worse after 100K+ miles.

Allan G.

Attachments

• Buick 166A.jpg
    Buick 166A.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 438
  • Buick 167A.jpg
    Buick 167A.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 444
  • Buick 168A.jpg
    Buick 168A.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 430
Be sure to modify the TA pump cover to control oil pressure. I just built a StageII on-center with a H.V. version of the TA pump cover and it would make 150+ psi at idle:eek:. I found that the bypass passage required the regulator valve to move .200" farther than a stock pump cover before it would start to bypass any oil. The pump is very efficient but the by-pass needs to have the port radiused into the valve seat to get it to bypass oil correctly. I also spent consider amount of time milling the oil pump surfaces flat and true to the pump cavity, radiusing all oil galleries in the block, too. Lifter bores have a .060" hole. (bushed) Control the hemmoraging and you don't need as much oil. I also had to cut .375" off of the 40 psi spring for the oil pump. I ended up using a -8AN return hose to the fuel pump block off plate. A -8AN temp installed in the pass. valve cover would fill it in about 20 seconds at idle. The TA heads do not have enough oil drain back for that kind of volume.:eek: If you have an issue and want clearer directions, PM for my number. I tokk an entire weekend to sort out the problem, and clean up 6 qts of oil on the shop floor from blowing an oil filter o-ring out.:mad:

Be sure to modify the TA pump cover to control oil pressure. I just built a StageII on-center with a H.V. version of the TA pump cover and it would make 150+ psi at idle:eek:. I found that the bypass passage required the regulator valve to move .200" farther than a stock pump cover before it would start to bypass any oil. The pump is very efficient but the by-pass needs to have the port radiused into the valve seat to get it to bypass oil correctly. I also spent consider amount of time milling the oil pump surfaces flat and true to the pump cavity, radiusing all oil galleries in the block, too. Lifter bores have a .060" hole. (bushed) Control the hemmoraging and you don't need as much oil. I also had to cut .375" off of the 40 psi spring for the oil pump. I ended up using a -8AN return hose to the fuel pump block off plate. A -8AN temp installed in the pass. valve cover would fill it in about 20 seconds at idle. The TA heads do not have enough oil drain back for that kind of volume.:eek: If you have an issue and want clearer directions, PM for my number. I tokk an entire weekend to sort out the problem, and clean up 6 qts of oil on the shop floor from blowing an oil filter o-ring out.:mad:

I've done a lot of work with the cover and plate. I remember comparing this to my old Dutweiler plate and making some modifications but can't remember what they were. I also milled the cover so that I can properly set the gear thrust clearance. So far I don't have any issues. I also have a -8 return to the fuel pump plate. My lifter bores have about a .040" feed hole. I also restricted oil to the external lines feeding the heads to .040".
Allan G.

Boost piping and EGT's installed.

Allan G.

Attachments

• Buick 174A.jpg
    Buick 174A.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 208
  • Buick 175.jpg
    Buick 175.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 202