Stage 1, ta performace alum heads, blowing smoke and oil out of both breathers after fresh rebuild. less then 300 miles on engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t pick up anything. It was trailered home. No reason for me to lie. I’ve show you all the text and what not

I would like to meet a single member that would endure this,regardless of how the forthcoming the builder was in.this is a high dollar pump gas motor.i feel bad for you.i really wish you would move forward with your car though and try to enjoy it.
Agree it would suck but I'm doubting how truthfull that 5 times statement is.

I see a builder trying to make things right but I also see a very frustrated OP that is in a bad spot because he lacks knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dude I don’t lack knowledge, I paid a steep price for a job. And the job wasn’t done. He’s had the motor In and out 5 times. What don’t you get?

Just maybe just maybe something let loose? If I fucked it up I would man up and said I did this and this. I’ve done everything he’s told me to do.

Agree it would suck but I'm doubting how truthfull that 5 times statement is.

I see a builder trying to make things right but I also see a very frustrated OP that is in a bad spot because he lacks knowledge.

I'm surprised that you see only that.his time and experience with the builder has been a nightmare and I believe for both of them,however he is the victim In this case and guys are all over him because of a leakdown he can't do.i wish he would move on,but there is no way he should bring the car back after what has happened.

Dude I don’t lack knowledge, I paid a steep price for a job. And the job wasn’t done. He’s had the motor In and out 5 times. What don’t you get?
To me it sounds like you do by your comments. Also by having others do a simple compression test and not knowing how to do a leakdown test etc.

As much time as you have spent behind the keyboard you could have found the issue and posted all your findings before starting the thread.

5 times motor was in and out for various things. Ports didn’t align up that should have been the first thing to check.

Attachments

• 120D05AB-86A0-4F46-83C2-FD1E8B961BDB.png
    120D05AB-86A0-4F46-83C2-FD1E8B961BDB.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
I'm surprised that you see only that.his time and experience with the builder has been a nightmare and I believe for both of them,however he is the victim In this case and guys are all over him because of a leakdown he can't do.i wish he would move on,but there is no way he should bring the car back after what has happened.
He the victim? At this point both seem to be the victim

He didn’t know how to build the motor. He tried getting away with a crude ball hone. They once he realize rings didn’t seat he went with plateau hone. How is this my fault. There are issues here and you keep deflecting to other things

So he pulled the motor to fix Intake port alignment?

He thought that’s why it was still blowing oil because alignment was off so he milled heads. But the reason the motor was blowing oil was because the oil support rails were left out

Lol you guys always have the answer. Like sheep to slaughter

I had Lou Czarnota build my low 10 second junk. The man is nearly 600 miles away from my home base. I did my research, he did it right. 10 years later he's building another 109 block for me, should be close to 750+ HP. and it will be right.

How do I know this? Because I built a relationship prior to handing Lou my car. I spent time with the guy, asked questions, got schooled, (boy, did I get schooled) learned what to expect of my expectations.

He took the time to put my head and understanding where it should have been with engine #1 and will take the time to set my expectations with this new build (it will be a monster). Lou does it right, from concept, to build, to finished product. There is no "grey" area.

If you didn't follow the same protocol, well, that's your issue. Own it.

You pay your money and you take your chances, that's how it is in every endeavor.

Did you do the same when sent your stuff to Steve? Or did you just "expect".........?

He didn’t know how to build the motor. He tried getting away with a crude ball hone. They once he realize rings didn’t seat he went with plateau hone. How is this my fault. There are issues here and you keep deflecting to other things
That isnt your fault he should have know what bore finish and ring pack to use.

I still think you have Blowby and your leakdown is going to show it.

The bashing of Steve without knowing the cause for 1. If Steve told him to pound sand and left him a broke motor I could understand.

I would understand if there was an issue that the builder wanted to resolve as people make mistakes.but these are alot of mistakes and they are out in the open not be a cause the op is has been pissed over 1 issue but many.

He thought that’s why it was still blowing oil because alignment was off so he milled heads. But the reason the motor was blowing oil was because the oil support rails were left out
So he pulled the motor to realign the Intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.