SRT-8 Charger...

randyp83

What does it take for a GN to keep up with one of these? My buddy just got one and it's stock. He is talking junk, so I'm ready to shut him up... well, if I can. My mods are below btw

In the 1/4 mile you should do fine.....Remember stay away from 40+ mph rolling starts. catch him from a dead stand still and cut it loose :biggrin:

I have an 09 5.7 Charger as a daily driver and the SRT8 is considerably faster. 1/4 mile times are not very good but roll on speed and top end will give most TR's a run for their money imo. Put a blower on one and it would be a close race for 90% of the TR's out there.

At the track just a good set of DR's and some race gas or e 85. On the street from a roll a te 44 turbo or bigger would do the trick.

An SRT8 will 60 ft like garbage and have a crappy ET but mid and top end very good. You can't really compare that car to a solid axle car that can 60 ft in thge low 1.4's commonly

SRT8 stock with 300 miles on it =12.80's@107-108.

Be glad it is not the 2012.
One just went 12.4 @ 110 at Sears Point. 100% factory stock.

unless I'm missing something IMO you need more hp. Put some 116 in the tank and turn up the boost(assuming you've got the traction under control).:D Keep an eye on the scanmaster, add timing and boost, watch for knock. Error on the side of too much hp ;)

Anyone have any times on a 06 R/T 5.7? It has a CAI, exhaust, and tune. It belongs to my wife. Just curious, we have never had it to the track.

Basically what's in my sig. and 20lbs of boost i also had 4 people in the car and smoked a SRT8 from a light by 8 cars but as Brett said i have heard top end they will get a GN but if you can get him from the start he may not catch up

Basically what's in my sig. and 20lbs of boost i also had 4 people in the car and smoked a SRT8 from a light by 8 cars but as Brett said i have heard top end they will get a GN but if you can get him from the start he may not catch up
That's suprising. I would have thought it would have been a closer race. They have serious low end torque but without some sort of DR it will simply spin the tires.

I know with Otto's Mercedes E55 it too has great low end torque and is a blast to drive. His put if I remember correctly about 425 to the wheels on the dyno.

I am entertaining putting a blower on my 09 5.7 and was told the Procharger is the better choice vs. a twin screw for example due to low end torque and simply frying the tires. That should put me around 425-440 to the wheels im told. I guess the Procharger is better suited for mid to top end power which is where these cars shine without the risk of blowing the tires away.

Im still thinken Whipple tho for some reason or even KB but I just cant stand that loud whine. The Whipple seems to be a little quieter but the Procharger might not be too annoying either tho. Atleast the newer ones that is.

One thing for sure is the Charger rides very smooth and handles and brakes in ways most TR's could never dream of so for a DD it gets the job done.

I doubt any charger will run in the 12s unless modded or on a sticky tire. 13s yep but 12.4-12.8s no. Then if the battle happens on the street...14s! A friend made passes with his Srt-8 Super Bee when it was fairly new...13.8-13.6s all day. And he is no stranger to fast cars. I have seen some 13.2s but that's about it. Screw the dyno numbers, they are well over 4000 lbs and thats without the driver.

Now will the GN win...who knows...

That's suprising. I would have thought it would have been a closer race. They have serious low end torque but without some sort of DR it will simply spin the tires.

I know with Otto's Mercedes E55 it too has great low end torque and is a blast to drive. His put if I remember correctly about 425 to the wheels on the dyno.

I am entertaining putting a blower on my 09 5.7 and was told the Procharger is the better choice vs. a twin screw for example due to low end torque and simply frying the tires. That should put me around 425-440 to the wheels im told. I guess the Procharger is better suited for mid to top end power which is where these cars shine without the risk of blowing the tires away.

Im still thinken Whipple tho for some reason or even KB but I just cant stand that loud whine. The Whipple seems to be a little quieter but the Procharger might not be too annoying either tho. Atleast the newer ones that is.

One thing for sure is the Charger rides very smooth and handles and brakes in ways most TR's could never dream of so for a DD it gets the job done.

I have to agree Brett, they are a comfortable, fun car to drive. We really enjoy ours!