SR20 240sx

87we410877

I was out cruising with my friend in his 240sx with the SR20 DET turbo motor in it. Say what you want but i do not consider these cars rice. RWD and 5 speed and its very quick. So anyway, he askes me if i want to try it out so naturally i get in and take it for a spin. No sooner does a dodge hemi pickup w/ exhaust pull up next to me. I didn't think anything of it untill he took off. I wasn't about to get beat by this thing so i hit it and chirped 3rd past him. At the next light the guy was smileing and gave me a knodd. We were both kindof laughing at the situation of just playin around. He's probably got a 9 sec drag car at home. lol. Heres a pic of the very non rice 240 when we built it.

Attachments

• smaller.jpg
    smaller.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 317
sweet, my buddy has a mean ass sentra ser 1993 i believe with the sr20det motor and a gt28xx turbo on it. they are big time sleepers in my book. we're gonna line up the gn and the sentra this summer and see the outcome. much respect for the sr20's they can move.

sr series motors are cool, for what they are. The guys that arent messing around go with the RB series "race bread". A friends got the RB20 in his 240sx.....very nice. cool car though.

I've always liked the 240sx. When I was stationed in Japan I knew a guy that had a Silvia with an RB26 from a Skyline GTR and a single turbo. That SOB was fast as hell, but it had overheating issues.

GNguy said:
sr series motors are cool, for what they are. The guys that arent messing around go with the RB series "race bread". A friends got the RB20 in his 240sx.....very nice. cool car though.

The RB series is a bit more costly also so most people just shell out for the SR series.

I agree that most 240s arent rice but there are those people that can do that to them....by no means am i saying this one is...SR20's in 240's are killer :biggrin:

I raced a 240sx once in my GN on the highway. I always drive with my windows open so I could her his turbo spooling right next to me. That thing was freakin fast but not fast enough! Stayed on my ass from 80-135 but he didnt have enough to pass me. :biggrin:

I have a 1990 240 with 66k miles on the clock. When im done building the GN im putting the s14 motor in it with expectations on 300 RWHP. Very doable since it comes stock with 260 at max boost. No going to be nearly as fast as the GN but i love these freggin things. Heres a pic of it. And i agree, stupid people can very easily turn these cars into rice a roni factories. I meen they already have mounting holes for the erector set wing.

Attachments

• smaller3.jpg
    smaller3.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 267
turbogreg said:
sweet, my buddy has a mean ass sentra ser 1993 i believe with the sr20det motor and a gt28xx turbo on it. they are big time sleepers in my book. we're gonna line up the gn and the sentra this summer and see the outcome. much respect for the sr20's they can move.
That has the fwd SR20de. T = turbo, the sentra never came with a turbo.

Nick

BandAid said:
Is that like when you bring a 12pak to the AA meeting .. ;)
Damn, I knew there was a resaon everybody was looking at funny at my meetings. :biggrin:

White Out said:
That has the fwd SR20de. T = turbo, the sentra never came with a turbo.

Nick
i'm aware. add the T for turbo. that little motor can handle boost pretty good. 17 psi on pump gas all day.