sputtering when going into boost

lucky1

after we replaced the front cover the car just wont go into boost without sputtering badly.
when it goes to 1-2 psi it starts dieing out, no SES, fuel pressure is steady, wideband pegs rich, does it whether hot or cold, unplugged the MAF which threw a SES light and started to sputter more.
i cant figure this out... my mods are in my sig.

HEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!! :(

after we replaced the front cover the car just wont go into boost without sputtering badly.
when it goes to 1-2 psi it starts dieing out, no SES, fuel pressure is steady, wideband pegs rich, does it whether hot or cold, unplugged the MAF which threw a SES light and started to sputter more.
i cant figure this out... my mods are in my sig.

HEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!! :(

If you r&r'd the front cover, I would take a close look at the crank sensor.

Yep, that sensor can cause all kinds of headaches.

Make sure the ring on the balancer is not making contact with the sensor. Rotate the crank and check on all three blades.

It's directly related to the last thing you did so thats a good place to start.
HTH

Swapped the coil pack with no avail. Adjusted the crank sensor with no change either. Now bought a new crank sensor and I'll report back soon!

new crank sensor did nothing, im almost positive i set it correctly.
it almost feels like the car is hitting a rev limiter as soon as it tries to hit boost.
this thing is driving me insane!!!!

Unplug the cam sensor while the car is running and take it for a ride. See if the condition is still there.

check gap on plugs.. make sure the battery cable from bat to starter is routed away from the DP and headers and not making contact anywhere.

Unplug the cam sensor while the car is running and take it for a ride. See if the condition is still there.

dont know why i didnt think of that, i did it with the maf but not the crank sensor... guess i will try that tomorrow after the rain stops

Try and turn the maf pipe (re-clock) to another position and see if that helps.

Are you runnung a gen2 or regular translator?

gen 1 I believe, I will have to try turning the pipe when I return from training. did you mean unplug the cam or crank sensor?

gen 1 I believe, I will have to try turning the pipe when I return from training. did you mean unplug the cam or crank sensor?

Unplug the cam sensor. Do it while it's running. Leave it unplugged and take a ride.

If you unplug the crank sensor the motor will not run.

sounds like u are 180 out. put the motor at top dead. pull the cap. look were the open part of the sensor is should be in the cap sensor. if not pull it spin it put it back in

and go mopp up an import. :)

I have the caspers cam sensor cap. some things chaged so I have the weekend to work on it... will report back soon

so I unplugged the cam sensor and the car just dies, and not start till I plug it back in... what does that mean?