SPS rod bolt part #

Doug Jacobson

Altitude Compensated
Looking for the part # for the factory SPS rod bolts. gnttype.org has what seems to be the wrong # 25531956 This comes up as the balancer bolt at roughly $4 a piece. Any help?

Someone, I need a couple of these also, IMO the SPS bolts are just as strong if not stronger than the ARP. just my .02 worth

9sec.

part numbers

well this is ironic cause i was looking to verify the same thing. gnttype.org states that 25531956 is the part number. right after i type this i'm ordering 12 of the from gmpartsdirect.com. if no one gets back to you by the time i receive my order i'll get back with you. they say list is like 6.05 a bolt but their price is 3.45. please try to verify this number before you order. i don't want you to make the same mistake if it is a mistake. "if" you have the right part number they have some great prices on gm parts!!!

jim :)

The part # is correct. I have a full set here in the garage still in the GM wrapper. The heads do not have SPS stamped in them though. When I pulled my engine apart not all of the bolts had SPS on them. This is with a never opened motor. So I think they're still the right bolt. Anyway with that said, I'll let them go for $25.00 shipped. Thanks !

Originally posted by 9SECVSIX
Someone, I need a couple of these also, IMO the SPS bolts are just as strong if not stronger than the ARP. just my .02 worth

9sec.

I dont think they are quite as strong but the main issue is the SPS bolt not having the ability to keep the big end round. ARP rod bolts have a long shoulder on them to locate the cap to the rod and they resist "wiggle" more so than the stock bolts.
My .02
Bill