Spring Cleaning

OK, here's an update guys.

I received 2 MOs yesterday, 1 from terryjh6 and 1 from TURBOTWIN2. I expect a few more will trickle in as the week unfolds.

My plan is to pack up the items for which I've received funds and take them to USPS on Friday. I don't want to make more trips than necessary as the cost of gasoline at $3/gallon in my '98 F-150 will fast outweight the cost of the items.

So, if you have your funds to me by, say, Thursday, I'll ship your stuff on Friday and you should see it early/middle next week. The rest of you will follow as your funds are received.

Thanks.

strike

Just a quick note to say I've received funds from 7 of y'all now and your stuff will be going out USPS tomorrow.

Thanks.

strike

What condition is the adjustable wastegate in? How is the condition of the puck? Is this for stock turbos only or can I use it with a te-44?

It's perfect. The puck is part of your OEM elbow or aftermarket DP, not the actuator. The actuator is for a stock turbo. I believe a small bracket would need to be added for a TE-44, but I believe any turbo vendor worth his salt could supply a bracket for your installation. Check, for example, John Craig/Limit Engineering, Harry Hruska/PTE, etc. to be sure as to whether a bracket is needed and whether they could supply it. Shouldn't be much $$$.

Thanks for your interest, and let me know what you think you'd like to do.

strike

Is it true that these wastegate's are good up to 21 psi only? You can put me down for this, I just wanted to double check this fact.

IME, they will go higher than 21 PSI. Others may disagree.

The best arrangement may be to use a so-called Grainger valve. This eliminates the need to overtighten the wastegate actuator arm in order to achieve good spool-up and high boost. You simply adjust the wastegate actuator arm until there is a m-o-d-e-s-t amount of tension when the wastegate actuator arm is slipped over the puck swing arm. While a Grainger valve is sold by multiple TR vendors, many on this board prefer the performance of the RJC version.

I will send you a PM with my snail mail addy. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the actuator. If not, no risk - send it back and I'll provide a full refund.

Thanks.

strike

Wonderful. I currently have a stock setup on my 87' and no adjustment was presenting difficulty in uncontrolled boost levels. I really doubt I will ever feed anything over 20psi through my car so I am sure this will be fine. I'll get you a money order asap.

Thanks.

Is the Walbro pump new or used? What are the specs of a 307, I thought the 340 was the common part number? Thanks, Jim