Spring Cleaning // Spark plugs

loaded86WH1

I was going to put in AC Delco r43, but read on here recently that the quality on some have been subpar. Are the NGK UR5 found to be better quality and should the gap remain @.35. What is suggested for my set up?

AC CR43TS on amazon.

About $2 each shipped. :p

Same as they've been for a long time, I just picked up 24. :smile:

I gap them to .032 for 25 psi. boost.

Do you guys "Play" with the gap within a range of say .32 and .35 depending on mods and boost? As my sig states engine and turbo are basically stock with standard mods added.
GNTTYPE spring cleaning suggests .35 gap, but most of you seem to run smaller gaps?

I'm running E3's set gapped at .040 to 25psi, I think you'll be ok at .035 with lower boost. A healthy ignition system is a variable here so keep that in mind.

From your last post it sounds like you're a pump gas boost level of around 15 psi so the stock heat range would even work at .035.

UR5s gap= .30 tight. When I run 27lbs of boost.

Do you guys "Play" with the gap within a range of say .32 and .35 depending on mods and boost? As my sig states engine and turbo are basically stock with standard mods added.
GNTTYPE spring cleaning suggests .35 gap, but most of you seem to run smaller gaps?

Most of us dont need smaller than .035in gaps. Those that do need it are running a lot of cylinder pressure. I run .025 on my black car and a tight .030 on my blue car. Over 500whp/530whtq and nearly 700whp/over 800whtq. More cyl pressure needs tighter gaps.