speedometer Trip & milage counters Inop.

buick 941

Need help, My speed works but trip & milage counter don"t.
Thanking You in advance TTA #1334

Sounds like the small electrical motor driving the trip have stopped working, I had the same and got another speedo from a junk yard and just swapped that tiny motor over ... once speedo is out it's held in by just two screws and a electrical connector to the PCB in there and it's s straight forward easy swap.

I might have some photos from when I did mine if that will help you.

The "donor" can be an 87-92 120 or 140mph speedo

Jan I was glad to meet You at Hebron. to put a face to the name for the great amount of tech. info.You have given to this site for us TTA owners. Your pictures of speedomter moter replacement would be a big help. Thanks for all Your help Ed #1334

Likewise Ed, good you meet in person just wished I would have had more time talking to everyone and checking out the cars etc as things got very hectic with the judjing and everything. But that was a great weekend and very nice meeting face to face with your self and many other TTA owners!

Here's some pictures from when I took my cluster apart, once you got it out and taken the cover off it this is what you see. Speedo connected to the PCB in the back, the larger connector is the one that goes to the small motor I had to replace on mine (that one drives the trip and odometer) and you see the motor on the right hand side in the two first pictures. It's held in by 2 screws and as far as I remember you will not have to take the neadel or face plate off like I did on mine but you will see if that is necissary or not once you get it out. For the donor make sure it's a low milage one and it works lol ... I got another spare at the time as well just in case :) Any questions around this let me know!
PICT0003.jpgPICT0006.jpg PICT0012.jpg