Speedometer OFF

TClassic

Guys,

My Speedo reads high, ie., computer reads 60 (Turbolink), and Speedometer reads 68 to 70! Is this common???

Lee,

yea, I know on the Buicks that the Speedo and the VSS are usually DEAD ON, mine reading about 10 mph too high really surprised me! I just hope the ODOMETER is Indepndent of the Speedo! :eek:

You might get some satisfaction by contacting These People about your speedo issues. You have enough difference that I'd suspect something out of the ordinary. :)

I know your sig says your car is mint low mileage but are you 100 percent sure that your trans hasnt been touched? If you have the wrong combination of the governer and drive gear it will throw your speedo off.

Well it's Definatly a Turbo BRF, and I just did a Trans Fluid R&R and everything under(over) the pan looked good, Besides with the TTA 3.27 gears
at 2000 rpm, Converter Locked, it's right at 68/69 MPH according to the Scan Tool!! Of course the Speedo reads 75/76MPH, and IMPORTANTLY Full throttle UpShifts are right at 4900/5000... Thoughts....

These cars have their own calibration, Tag reads TA, not BRF, also has all that hand etched stuff, not like TRs.I haven't done the math, but don't think a 3.42 versus 3.27 equate to that big a discrepancy.There are tire size issues as well, of course....
Dale

I was re reading my post, and realized that as long as your scanner speed is reading a certain value, and your speedometer doesn't agree, must be a gauge problem. I have never seen one of these screw up, usually very accurate. Lots of spare parts out there....
Dale