Speed density questions

Favian Cuevas

Well im thinking of converting to speed density my question is what items do i have to buy?
I already have
3bar map
Powerlogger

Wideband for sure. And either sd1/sd2 chip or the translator pro and extreme chip for the pro.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Buy a good MAP sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When converting to speed density the manifold air pressure (MAP) sensor plays a critical role in the engine tune. There have been recent posts recommending to step up to the AEM 3.5 Bar sensor for improved reliability and accuracy. This goes for Turbo Tweak SD2 or FAST XFI systems.

Chuck

When converting to speed density the manifold air pressure (MAP) sensor plays a critical role in the engine tune. There have been recent posts recommending to step up to the AEM 3.5 Bar sensor for improved reliability and accuracy. This goes for Turbo Tweak SD2 or FAST XFI systems.

Chuck
Any system!

So where do you pick a high quality one? Or make sure it's high quality? Pass the air test that you just performed?

You can buy from me. I use SSI p51 media sensors

I always thought the GM design for MAPs was sub par. Would it be able to used with the stock ecm in place of the plastic MAP using the same wires?

No the good sensors all use the 3 pin Packard connector. All terminals are the same. 5v, ground, signal. The stock wiring to the map sensor is unreliable. If the dash module fails you lose 5v at the sensor. Turns into an epic failure if used for meth injection. 5v should be taken from a good source like the tps via a breakout at the connector

So other than the wiring, which isn't too hard to deal with, it's a quality upgrade over the GM stuff. Good to know.

So other than the wiring, which isn't too hard to deal with, it's a quality upgrade over the GM stuff. Good to know.
I've used over 200 of these P51 type sensors and never had a failure

Brian what's the price of a P51 sensor and typically where are you mounting them? In the manifold?
Thks - aaron

Brian what's the price of a P51 sensor and typically where are you mounting them? In the manifold?
Thks - aaron

Pm for price. I usually install in manifold below the coil.