Speed Daddy headers for Hot Air's?

They are still listing them as 86/87 headers on ebay. :rolleyes:

I wonder if they just resell them or if they make them as well. It would be great if they could listen to some feedback and make some tweeks to improve them. Anybody speek Chinese?

If they had optional up-pipes, they would fit 1979/1983 Turbo V6 as well and open a new market. Or some else with fabs skills could make one for us. (hint, hint to anyone ;) )

If they had optional up-pipes, they would fit 1979/1983 Turbo V6 as well and open a new market. Or some else with fabs skills could make one for us. (hint, hint to anyone ;) )
you could buy them and weld on a flange to use stock up pipe that would be easyest for 79-83 cars

I have a set for the 1986 T-type. They require cutting and welding to make them fit properly. The crossover pipe does not fit correctly. One of the flanges is not flat. I don't know that every set has these issues. Of course these problems would have to be corrected along with modifications necessary to make the system work on 1979-1983 turbo cars.

They are cheap but at least my set requires time and materials to make them work. Perhaps these issues have been corrected?

Paul Lohr

They are still listing them as 86/87 headers on ebay. :rolleyes:

I wonder if they just resell them or if they make them as well. It would be great if they could listen to some feedback and make some tweeks to improve them. Anybody speek Chinese?

I am adapting an up pipe for my car just have been busy buying Parts for my 4.1 .I will be getting the rest of my parts for mockup shortly.

Gotta wait until Tuesday for my exhaust gaskets....then the headers go on for good. Should have it running by the weekend for sure. I've made some other major changes to my setup since I drove the car last...so it's gonna be tough for me to tell the difference between these and the Postons I had on there before....at this point, if they work, and seal...then that's a plus. I will post some more pics after they are installed.

First I ground the welds off and removed the 2 bolt flanges they had on the pass header and the up pipe. Then cut the header at the weld just above the o2 bung. The piece cut from the header was raised, and trimmed to mate up with the up pipe...the v band assy is about 1-1/2" long, so it filled the gap....took a lot of cutting, fitting, and measuring to get it to fit right...I know I installed and removed the pass side header at least 10 times during the process....

It runs.....so far so good from what I can tell. Can't tell just yet if everything is sealed up for sure, but it seems to be. Don't know when I'll be able to drive it yet...still feels like the Antarctic out side here... :( definitely a lot of work went into these...not too much extra $$$ in parts or labor for me since I did most of the fabrication myself. Only thing I had to pay for labor-wise was $50 in tig welding. I give them a B- so far....

image.jpg
image.jpg

After some run time...they are looking better....

Turbonut that looks great. What do you mean after some run time they are looking better? With everything that had to be done to them, was it worth it in the end. Do you think the flow is up there with past HA headers. Thanks Rudy

I like how stainless yellows up after some run time....as for the down pipe, it's a Gbodyparts.com 3". I smoothed it up and made the finishes match between the up pipe and the downpipe...

I would say after all the work and fitment process, my take is this so far: if you are able to do basic cutting and welding, and have some time on your hands to fit, cut, grind, weld, and fit some more...these would be worth it for the price. I'd say they probably flow equally as well as the poston style headers and definitely better than stockers. Won't have any hard performance numbers for a while yet. As far as how much I have into them...??....I had the $220 shipped for the headers, $37 for the stainless v band flange kit, $15 for some new bolts (stock bolts were to short for my comfort on aluminum heads), $12 in the fel pro collector gasket at the up pipe-to-turbo connection, and I paid $50 for a local shop to do the tig welding for me...(I tacked things in place with a mig welder). So I have just over $300 in them...not including new header flange gaskets, which I figure is a normal investment when swapping headers.

I would say after all the work and fitment process, my take is this so far: if you are able to do basic cutting and welding, and have some time on your hands to fit, cut, grind, weld, and fit some more...these would be worth it for the price. I'd say they probably flow equally as well as the poston style headers and definitely better than stockers. Won't have any hard performance numbers for a while yet. As far as how much I have into them...??....I had the $220 shipped for the headers, $37 for the stainless v band flange kit, $15 for some new bolts (stock bolts were to short for my comfort on aluminum heads), $12 in the fel pro collector gasket at the up pipe-to-turbo connection, and I paid $50 for a local shop to do the tig welding for me...(I tacked things in place with a mig welder). So I have just over $300 in them...not including new header flange gaskets, which I figure is a normal investment when swapping headers.

Thanks for all the info I just ordered mine. I plan on doing the same thing when I get mine and forget about even using the stockers.

I got my headers yesterday and mocked them up today. The up pipe is really bad no alignment at all, but the cross over looks as though it will fit with a little cutting. Gonna start cutting and fitting these this week and order my v bands tomarrow.