spectra 307c

LBNJWE4

I installed a spectra 307c gas tank in my car with a 340 Walbro pump. I filled it for the first time today and it only would take 3/4 of a tank. Anyone else have this problem? Is it the tank, instalation, or maybe the vapors shuting the gas pump off too soon?

It's not the Tank..Check your Sending Unit it could be rubbing off the Sock and going higher. You may have positioned the Sock wrong.

Joe

That's a good posibility! I had trouble getting the sock to stay on, so I left it where it would stay! Comparing to everything on the hanger, what should the sock line up with?

That's a good posibility! I had trouble getting the sock to stay on, so I left it where it would stay! Comparing to everything on the hanger, what should the sock line up with?

It has to be parallel to the Sending Arm. otherwise you will have an issue.
I worked for Spectra for 4 years in the Engineering Dept. We always had calls in regards to this problem.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Thanks Joe, by sending arm do mean what the float rides on? I thought the arm would be parallel to the pump. If you you have a pic can you send it? I appreciate the help. I will drop the tank as soon as I use up most of the gas and let you know how it works out.

Thanks Joe, by sending arm do mean what the float rides on? I thought the arm would be parallel to the pump. If you you have a pic can you send it? I appreciate the help. I will drop the tank as soon as I use up most of the gas and let you know how it works out.

Just make sure that the Float Arm is parallel to the Sock and nothing gets in it's way. That should work. I do not have pics as I no longer work there..

Joe