Spark plugs?

Autolite 23's for a long time. from when i ran 12's til now in the 10's. Have always had good luck with them. used to gap at .32, now at .30

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Are they recessed or no? I know this is a hot topic...

autolite ar133's, recessed tip and cut back ground straps. Good to 9.92 so far for me :)

Shawn what colder plug # do u reccomend? Im about to break into the 11's & im using the ac r43ts with 40 gap. Works pretty well but if a colder plug would help then im game, thanks

Delco 42's or Autolite 24's are really good colder range plugs. Gap em at .032 and try them out for $12.

Just went to autolite 24s on my car, it is a daily driven vehicle with some mods. Car responds to throttle much better now.

mateo my combo, "if it is not listed it is stock" 42.5inj, tre255 pump, reds adj fpr, stock headers, 3"maf w/ translator, precision cce-44, 3"dp w/ 46mm ext gate, fmic, stock trans w/kit, 9.5" art carr w/ 3000 stall speed, 4" welds on front & 8.5 rears w/ 275-50 nitto dr's. No alky but tt race chip & 110 purple. crap 60' @ 2.0 & 12.30 1/4 @ 111.3 around 24psi. i should be crackin off 11.80 or so

mateo my combo, "if it is not listed it is stock" 42.5inj, tre255 pump, reds adj fpr, stock headers, 3"maf w/ translator, precision cce-44, 3"dp w/ 46mm ext gate, fmic, stock trans w/kit, 9.5" art carr w/ 3000 stall speed, 4" welds on front & 8.5 rears w/ 275-50 nitto dr's. No alky but tt race chip & 110 purple. crap 60' @ 2.0 & 12.30 1/4 @ 111.3 around 24psi. i should be crackin off 11.80 or so

I would think it would mph a little better and 60' a lot better. What boost do you launch at? That turbo should come up quick with that converter. I think you're probably fat in 1st or even across the board. Any wideband or narrowband feedback? And perhaps you need more timing with the race gas to get good cylinder pressure at the right time but I'd think the TT race chip would have all that sorted already. What boost are you running and is the chip set up for that level? What is at least the NB reading at the top of third?

Thanks.

launch with only 2 or 3 lbs cuz it want to break the tires if i try to go more, the chip is burned for 25-27 lbs & 108 gas "i use 110 tho", the only feedback is scanmaster info but between watchin boost level & knock gauge i have no time to look at the scanmaster. im probly not launching the best either.

launch with only 2 or 3 lbs cuz it want to break the tires if i try to go more, the chip is burned for 25-27 lbs & 108 gas "i use 110 tho", the only feedback is scanmaster info but between watchin boost level & knock gauge i have no time to look at the scanmaster. im probly not launching the best either.

Use the recall button to see your lowest O2's. What boost are you running at wot? If less than 25-27psi, you are probably fat as heck and that's why power is down. Your mph should be higher.

im not sure the boost gauge needle flutters past 24 or 25. & i cant read it so i dont really know where the boost is exactly. the plugs are burnning a mid tan color

I've had the same set of NGK UR5's in my car for years. IIRC, I gapped them to .032. My combo is similar to Mateo, it's in my sig if you are on a laptop. Biggest difference is that I ran 100 octane to reach mid-11s instead of pump gas with alky.

I would tend to think that something else is wrong besides your plugs, maybe module or wires. If you replace all of that and still have problems, maybe try the UR5s.

Mike

Wires are msd. How long does scanmaster hold the info cuz i ran it back in late april & had the motor out since. Would it stil show the info from my last pass that night?

Wires are msd. How long does scanmaster hold the info cuz i ran it back in late april & had the motor out since. Would it stil show the info from my last pass that night?

no, resets every key off.

i will give several of these plugs a try & see what works the best & thank everyone for the info!