Spark plugs?

dragway

I was using ac delco 43s and has a slight skip when cruising on highway .i was told by a member her to try auto lite 23 s anyone using these on here and how do they seem to work for you?

I have never used any plug other than the ac delco r43ts gapped @ .032. Never have had any issues. I will be subscribed to this thread to learn what others have to say.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Delco 43's or Autolite 25's are good for stock or lightly modded cars gapped at .035. If timing retard is an issue gapping at .032 will help out some. They are also cheap and easy to remove from the back cylinders. Fast cars in the 11's and 12's need the colder range plugs. Stay well away from the $8 gimmick plugs. My car hates any type of platinum plugs but others don't have any problems with using them. I tend to stick with what works and is well proven. Just my take on it.

I was using ac delco 43s and has a slight skip when cruising on highway .i was told by a member her to try auto lite 23 s anyone using these on here and how do they seem to work for you?
That problem is likely a plug boot not fully seated. It tends to happen at highway cruise while accelerating to pass or incline. Keeping an extra set of coils/module is a good idea or invest in Casper's CCCI tester.

I have a brand new coil and wires and still did it module is old I never replaced. Since I've owned car Agee years now.

I run the autolight 23's and like real well there considered a racing plug a little harder to come by. personal preference more than anything IMO they all get the job done

You might want to try some NGK UR5s at 32.

Just put the plugs in went for short ride around block felt good so far we will see going to make trip back to NED Saturday .

Shawn what colder plug # do u reccomend? Im about to break into the 11's & im using the ac r43ts with 40 gap. Works pretty well but if a colder plug would help then im game, thanks

You want colder plugs and tighter gap with higher boost...

I run NGK UR5's deep onto the 11's. I used to gap at .032 with stock ignition but I can get away with .040 now even at 30psi and they are happy with a TR6 setup. Don't flame me for not using a racing plug. I'll switch when I go to the next level. My stockish setup likes the UR5s just fine though.

mateo whats your combo? id love to see 11's. . i've been 12.30

I ran NGK UR5's exclusively for years with no issues and 25-30 psi of boost. Now I run recessed tip plugs for extra insurance on detonation at high boost. NGK 4323/BR6FS

Stock longblock except cam, TE44, 255 Walbro, 60s, Cas V4 (not needed), single nozzle alky, 91 pump swill, and don't be afraid of 25psi of boost or more. 2700 stall converter (also not needed) 2400 would be plenty with my turbo but it helps when your headers start to leak, again :eek: . Trans to take the hits, stock rear, helwig bar. I also run with the front sway bar ON, and fat street tires up front without any air added. I literally drive to the track and throw my MT's on the back and race; that's it. I run the skinny 255 MT's too on stock 7" T wheels.

Below is my best from last Sunday at 22psi unlocked and 25psi with the TC locked: I'm on the left lane:

9-29-13 slip.jpeg

Autolite 23's for a long time. from when i ran 12's til now in the 10's. Have always had good luck with them. used to gap at .32, now at .30