Spark plugs for GN1s'

Plugs for GN-1

The Autolite 103's are long reach plugs, unlike the stock plugs. I always have a problem changing them on my GN-1's because the space in the heads is very tight. A normal SP socket won't go in. I had to buy the thinnest socket I could find - a Craftsman 5/8" deep 12 point - and it barely fits and is still very tight.

Does everyone else have the same problem ?

Really...I've changed my plugs in my GN1's probably...well many times and never had a problem with socket clearance...I just have a cheapo 6-point spark plug socket...do you have old style GN1's?...back to the original question...103's are OK for street and strip depending on how fast you want to run...they are too hot a plug for my setup...I use NGK's...about 2 steps colder than the 103's...car seems to like them better...

I bought a Snap-On Flexible Extension SPark Plug Socket. And it works perfectly, even on #6 which is a tight squeeze. Well worth the investment! Don't forget to put a little antisieze on the plug threads. Paul

Attachments

• 20511.JPG.jpg
    20511.JPG.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 315
Autolite Racing 3932's, I think I used to run. May be wrong, it's been a while.

Autolite Racing 3932's, I think I used to run. May be wrong, it's been a while.

The AR 3932 is a washer type plug and the GN-1 heads are made for tapered seat plugs.

Also, the 3932 is the coldest plug in that series, and should not be use for any street driving "assuming" race gas is being used. It will foul very quickly.