Spark plug blues....

BoostedTtype

So I recently purchased a Buick that sat for a while. I got it running but it ran a little rough so I figured I'd swap out the plugs and wires and see it helps anything. The plugs that came out of the car were autolite ap25 plugs.. They are Platinum. I know everyone says that platinum sucks so I went along with the suggested autolite 24 copper plug. I gapped it at 32 and installed some Kirban wires. The car now runs way worse than before.. What am I missing? Thinking about installing some fresh platinum plugs and seeing what happens..

Car is pretty much stock with a Walbro fuel pump

Are you 100% sure you got the plug wires back on in the right order? I have made that mistake before... Make sure all the ends of the wires are on securely and you hear the "click" making sure they are seated. I usually add a dab of dielectric grease to each end as well. Not familiar with the AP25 plugs... I usually use NGK UR5 or Delco CR-43TS

Have you ck the chip in the ECM? What maf?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
ECM has a aftermarket chip in it. I'm sure it's probably old school.. Def. not a TT chip.. I figured that would be the next thing I look into changing.. I guess that could be why the car seems to like platinum plugs better

Are you 100% sure you got the plug wires back on in the right order? I have made that mistake before... Make sure all the ends of the wires are on securely and you hear the "click" making sure they are seated. I usually add a dab of dielectric grease to each end as well. Not familiar with the AP25 plugs... I usually use NGK UR5 or Delco CR-43TS

I do believe the wires are in correct order but I will re-check.. I'm picking up some ac 43ts in a few to see if there's a change in idle.. I think I may just try the .35 gap and see how it likes it..

I'd keep the 24s and keep the gap tight, anywhere from .28-.32 should be good. Need to verify MAF operation, fuel pressure, grounds,...etc. Get a TT chip and see how things are then.

ECM has a aftermarket chip in it. I'm sure it's probably old school.. Def. not a TT chip.. I figured that would be the next thing I look into changing.. I guess that could be why the car seems to like platinum plugs better

I do believe the wires are in correct order but I will re-check.. I'm picking up some ac 43ts in a few to see if there's a change in idle.. I think I may just try the .35 gap and see how it likes it..
I'd keep the 24s and keep the gap tight, anywhere from .28-.32 should be good. Need to verify MAF operation, fuel pressure, grounds,...etc. Get a TT chip and see how things are then.
I'm guessing that if it's not missing under boost, then the plugs aren't the problem. I just helped a friend with a similar problem, and it turned out that the TPS was way off. I didn't see a scanmaster in your signature. If you have one, it would be easy to check.

I've never seen a good set of plugs change how a car runs unless the plugs in it had a problem. Like cracked insulator or gap closed due to being dropped before install. Of course they'd have to be the right plug for the engine too.