Spare Parts to keep in trunk

I have accumulated spares of all the sensors, hoses, top end gaskets, o rings, belt, etc over the years so I got a box with all of them in the trunk, it sits nicely up under the package tray along with a gallon of oil and antifreeze and a better but still compact jack and four way. I got a dinosaur 1995 era laptop that has no purpose except for the scan tool and it's stored there as well. few basic tools are always in there and if I go too far outta town I throw my junkyard runner box in the trunk. Pretty much covers everything but internal engine carnage. It sounds like i'm paranoid but if you already possess the stuff it might as well be up there tucked out of the way, a single cheap ratchet strap keeps it all there. I have carried R12 and gauges if it's a long trip in the sweaty balls part of summer. Almost forgot: Full size spare tire! 80's era donut would probably fly apart if you used the damn thing.

INEEDAGN said:
I have accumulated spares of all the sensors, hoses, top end gaskets, o rings, belt, etc over the years so I got a box with all of them in the trunk, it sits nicely up under the package tray along with a gallon of oil and antifreeze and a better but still compact jack and four way. I got a dinosaur 1995 era laptop that has no purpose except for the scan tool and it's stored there as well. few basic tools are always in there and if I go too far outta town I throw my junkyard runner box in the trunk. Pretty much covers everything but internal engine carnage. It sounds like i'm paranoid but if you already possess the stuff it might as well be up there tucked out of the way, a single cheap ratchet strap keeps it all there. I have carried R12 and gauges if it's a long trip in the sweaty balls part of summer. Almost forgot: Full size spare tire! 80's era donut would probably fly apart if you used the damn thing.

Wow, sounds like a packed trunk.

^This kid doesn't fuck around. I've never seen a gbody trunk so full of stuff. Next time you come up here we're putting the factory issue el camino air shocks on your car lol! I mean, "air supported load level system" <---gm lingo. Gotta GMCHURCH it up a little bit for bob so he feels warm and fuzzy about it.

Everything but the tire and junkyard box fits up on the shelf. The trunk was packed at your place because I had to bring everything to color sand and buff a car. The trunk was packed at the lake because I brought a ton of firewood and camping supplies and a GN carpet with me. But look on the bright side, if I put drop spindles on the front, the rear would already be the correct height.

When I went to the lake and had all the firewood, I ran this thing across a scale and the rolling weight was over 4k. Good thing it has a turbo. My username should be INEEDASTATIONWAGON.

I don't even carry a spare.... AAA and a cel phone is your friend. (Just make sure you have the towing miles)

I'd be more worried about a cam or crank sensor taking a shit. Basically any part you can't get at an auto parts store.

really isn't much you can't get. How often does one worry an injector goes bad? If the trans goes, it goes. Motor isn't gonna blow a head gasket just cruising down the road. Alternator goes bad you can buy one for an lt1 if the lc2 isn't in stock. newer mafs can be purchased pretty much anywhere. Hoses can be taped. Gaskets can be made, not that you're going to worry about a weeping vc gasket or a pulling avac block off at any time.

I am starting to take the GN on longer cruises/drives. What are some 'must have' items to keep in the trunk? OHM Meter? Fuses? Etc...

Engine, trans, calipers, all vac lines, vac block, complete powermaster, all fuses, fluke meter, mity vac, tech 2, window motors, iac motor, spare pcm, 14 translators, and 3 extra mafs.