Spal Electronic Fan Controller

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
This is an electronic aftermarket fan controller made by Spal. I decided to do away with this system and went back to just a simple on/off switch setup, but this is a cool device if you have a dual fan setup or even a single fan setup and you want your fans to come on at pre-programmed engine temps just like what the factory setup does. The following info is from their website (SPAL USA - The Industry Leader in High-Performance Automotive Parts and Accessories)

Can Be Set To Any Temperature
Reduces Fan Noise
Keeps Air Moving In Hot Engine Bays
Water Proof Construction
Can Be Mounted In The Interior Or Engine Bay
Easy To Program
Utilizes OEM temperature sensor or optional SPAL sensor
LED Indicators For High, Low, and A/C
SPAL's revolutionary, custom programmable fan controller allows a single SPAL cooling fan to vary speed based on engine temperature thereby increasing fan life while decreasing under hood noise. You simply choose a Low and a High temperature setting. When the Low setting is reached the fan begins spinning at 50%. As the engine temperature increases, the speed of the fan increases until it reaches the High setting, where it is running at 100%.

The FAN-PWM can utilize the OEM water temperature sensor, or a gauge sensor, thereby eliminating the need for a second sensor. A SPAL temperature sensor is available separately if your application requires a second sensor.

With the ability to trigger a secondary fan relay, an air conditioning input that turns all fans on 100% when the A/C is on, and waterproof aluminum construction the FAN-PWM is the perfect addition to any SPAL cooling fan.

These normally sell for about $80-$90 new. I've only used it for a few months and there is nothing wrong with it. I just wanted to make things simple and went back to an on/off switch since I also have a standalone tranny cooler fan under the car. I'll let this go for $60 shipped. I'll accept check or money order. No paypal as they charge me for each transaction. Thanks!:D

http://a677.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/60/l_7a5ad3baa667988ebb11a0095b4a6bf4.jpg