Spal dual 11" fan installation with pictures!

"What would happen if the casper's harness "only" uses the low speed relay for controling the dual fans ( both fans operate together ) ??? "

I assume that would be high speed dual fan operation every time the fans turned on, no big deal, same as a jumper harness accross a stock fan setup sorta only with real fans. :biggrin:

I probably would like to make it one fan for low speed and one added for high speed operation IF I had the dual fans and one could do a decent job of cooling everything like a low speed stocker setup.

OR I would have them run like the stocker, both on slower speed via a power resistor when low speed is chip or A/C commanded, and then both high/full speed when demanded by the A/C or temp. switch.

I like the big power resistors. :biggrin:

I got a free Sable fan so I've been using the big Ford/Mercury one for now with both low and high speed operation but it has 2 motor winding/connections so no resistor was needed. I just wanted the high speed to trigger a little lower without the use of A/C and that car doesn't have the Hi/Lo switch in it so I tried the Hypertech $50 :eek: fan temp. switch which is working ok.

Way I understand it AND have observed on my on car with the Caspers harness is that the low speed relay triggers both fans to run, It does have a 5 second delay module so both fans don't come on at the same time. There is no hi low function with these fans.

Spal dual fans

Had this fan setup for 5 years for a race only setup. After run, temp goes to around 180 and when fans kick in it drops to near 160 real fast. Love the fans. great reliability.

Mitch

Any solution yet??

Yup, that's what I was doing, using the manual switch for when the AC is on.
Mark
Any progress on find a solution=== Without using the manual switch for controlling fans activating correctly (no "Quick" cycling) with the AC ??

Do the old trash can scoop and watch the temps drop real low cruising down the road.Mine usually runs around 175 in 90 degree florida heat.With the gbody fans and fbody radiator and trash can scoop.185 setting in traffic.The scoop works awesome on the open road pulls the air right to thr radiator.

Mark
Any progress on find a solution=== Without using the manual switch for controlling fans activating correctly (no "Quick" cycling) with the AC ??

Stupid me, charge was just a bit down so hit it with some Freeze 12 and all is good now.:biggrin:

Hey Mark, where did you purchase the Spal Fans at? can you shoot me a PM with a price.. thanks :biggrin:

hey guys

what i did when i installed my ramchargers fan. i took an old stock fan harness and cut the plug and wires of of it.

The ranchargers harness had both fans that would run of the low speed fan relay and thus it would melt the adapter harness and cause a myrid of problems.

So i speraated the 2 fan so the laft fan uses the low speed relay and then the right used the high speed relay. I also added a extra ground wires to bolt to the rad support.

I also jumped out the switched relay grounds ( green/yellow wires) so that when the ecm commands the fans to run both run so that there is less fan run time to keep the engine cool.

When A/C is switching the fan on instead of just activating the high speed relay( that would be my right fan) jumping out the relay grounds again make sure both fans are triggered to run.

I have the SPAL dual 12's on my 78 malibu BBC drag car running low 10's, and highly suggest SPAL. The hottest my malibu will get in 100* weather after a pass is 195* and by the time I hit staging again it's back to 180*. As soon as I have the money together I will be updating my GN fans, as well. Thanks for the information/photos, Mark. ;)

I put a set of the Ramchargers fans on my TR years ago & up to now, they seem to work ok.

I put a set of the Ramchargers fans on my sons Typhoon & after about 6 months they caught fire.

I will probably reconsider the Spall fans.

I've posted before and will again. These fans are the ultimate setup you can get. Very beefy and well made and work very well. You can't even put these fans in the same ballpark as the Chrysler fans. Matter of fact not even the same sport. Save the money and buy the Spal. They are the best. We don't own Fords:eek::cool:

I have a question regarding the Caspers Harness. I plan on buying the Spal Dual 11" fan setup floating around on ebay but the question is which harness should i buy? can I assume that the spal fans are efficient enough that i only need to run the harness that attaches 2 fans to the stock harness or do i need to buy both harnesses? i will post links to the parts below so you can see what i mean. thanks for the help!

CEI - Casper's Electronics, Inc.

^^^^^ relay harness

CEI - Casper's Electronics, Inc.

^^^^^ dual spal harness

do i need to run both harnesses or just the bottom one to factory wiring?