Southeast turbo

mygn276

Has anyone ever have work done with southeast turbo? A friend needs his headers rewelded and was thinking of having them do it. I have herd some bad things about there service and was wondering if this was a bad idea? Please let me know what your experience with them are.

Yea...The last few posts about them has not been so well. I ordered my Downpipe from them last year and I got it in a week. But others have had some bad luck with paying for things and never recieving them

Has anyone ever have work done with southeast turbo? A friend needs his headers rewelded and was thinking of having them do it. I have herd some bad things about there service and was wondering if this was a bad idea? Please let me know what your experience with them are.
Send the headers to us and we will re-weld them the correct way by putting in a brace between the pipes so it don't break again. I have welded up Several headers for members here and Never had a call back.

Scot W.

I order a 3 in downpipe and dump tube about a year ago and received it in least than a week.

I purchased a 3in downpipe and dump pipe from them about a year ago also the service was good, I haven't heard anything about them lately.

mygn276

Where are you located? If you are in the Atlanta area, I can recommend a few local places. SE turbo won't actually do the welding, they'll send it out for repair. Ypu can PM me or email me if you want.

Send the headers to us and we will re-weld them the correct way by putting in a brace between the pipes so it don't break again. I have welded up Several headers for members here and Never had a call back.

Scot W.

Scott, I would trust you to do welding, since you've never had a callback and you have more than been an honest guy here on this forum going out of your way to help everyone. I was so impressed by all the concern/help you gave everyone on the LED Tail lights. I may be taking off the driver's side header of my '87 Grand National this summer because it has that famous crack in it. My questions: How much do you charge for this service of welding it and installing a brace? And do you bolt the header flange up to a flat surface BEFORE welding it? Do you have any guarantee on the weld? Richard Clark informs that the cracks always reappear sooner or later. What's your opinion on that? Do you use TIG welding for this procedure? Could you let me know soon on this? I DO have to get my header welded...it's a matter of when I can take it off. I'm swamped with other stuff but WILL get around to doing it. (sigh):frown: So much to do...so little time. And to top it off, I keep getting older for some reason or another.:( Lots of questions but need answers)

Bruce '87 Grand National

Scott, I would trust you to do welding, since you've never had a callback and you have more than been an honest guy here on this forum going out of your way to help everyone. I was so impressed by all the concern/help you gave everyone on the LED Tail lights. I may be taking off the driver's side header of my '87 Grand National this summer because it has that famous crack in it My questions: How much do you charge for this service of welding it and installing a brace? And do you bolt the header flange up to a flat surface BEFORE welding it? Do you have any guarantee on the weld? Richard Clark informs that the cracks always reappear sooner or later. What's your opinion on that? Do you use TIG welding for this procedure? Could you let me know soon on this? I DO have to get my header welded...it's a matter of when I can take it off. I'm swamped with other stuff but WILL get around to doing it. (sigh):frown: So much to do...so little time. And to top it off, I keep getting older for some reason or another.:( Lots of questions but need answers)

Bruce '87 Grand National
Thanks for the kind words!

Here are the answers to your questions.

1) It really depends on how bad it is cracked! I charge $75.00 to re-weld the crack if it's not too bad or gobbed up with other peoples weld attempts and obviously more if I have to spend more time on it.

2) YES I clamp the header down all over the flange area before welding to avoid warpage.

3) Gauantee? Again it depends how badly it is or if it was all gobbed up with welds before. I pretty much can garauntee my work as I'm yet to have someone un happy with my welds or warpage.

4) Richard Clark is thinking about how people "Used" to do it. There is a "reason" why they crack, I fix that problem! Maybe someone that had me weld up there header might see this and chime in as to my work quality, and if they ever cracked after I weled it up.

5) I use a MIG and grind away old welds. I don't just plop it on a table, weld it up and send it back. I do take my time as if it were mine.

NOTE: Is your header Stock? Reason I ask is I may have one here that is all ready to go and could just swap you out for your cracked header..

Scot W.

i ordered my sets of alum bumper brackets an some other misc parts. but this was a few years ago. but no problem then :confused:

Took 2 months to get a part they would be here in two weeks?:rolleyes: Never again would I deal with them. To be quite honest im suprised they are still in business with all the people they have screwed.