Sorry Non buick trans help

WE287GN

If anyone would care to give some advice who might know this vehicle I would gretaly appreciate it..We simply can not afford to drop this thing off at a local trans shop right now..
I guess PM would be best since its non-Buick.
Its our family 2001 Town and Country..getting trans codes P0700 and P0755
wich the later indicates shift sol B malf.
Van feels like its stuck in 2nd or 3rd, .When we cleared the codes and took for a ride, she seamed to be taking off in first again , then after a shift it bucked a little and got hung up again with the odb engine lite back on..

Again, sorry to post this here, hope the mods dont mind, dont know where else to turn right now..
Please PM me if anyone feels like giving there opinion..

Thanks so much
Chris

Chris, PM chris718 or bison or david huesak(?), and see if they can help. Their the tranny guys.

My friends gf had this on here caravan. The 0700 is a generic that is always thrown when theres a trans code. The 0755 code is the 2/4 solenoid which is external and near the front of the trans. It could be a wire problem too so look at the wires going to it first. If the wires look good go for the solenoid. Do a google search for the solenoid box. Im sure theres pics somewhere that someone posted

Thanks so much guys. I have been searching picking up very small bits here and there..Local parts stores have the sol pack.. And the one other posibility I have been reading is a TCM..only thing that sucks for us, is it suposedly is yr specific, so trying to find one in a boneyard could get tricky.. It seems to be looking could that its a control prob and not a hard parts issue..Was shifting fine prior dispite the high mileage..

Thanks so much

More than likely it is an electrical issue , solenoid pack , tcm , or as mentioned earlier wiring. Chrysler had an issue with wires wearing through down by the pan and side cover , i would try solenoid pack first , if you need a tcm a reman is fairly cheap from the dealer just give them the last nine digits of your VIN and they will give you the latest version tcm available , you will also need a scan tool to set pinion factor or your speedometer will not work , also perform a quick learn procedure it will help the transmission learn clutch volume index sooner , if you need test procedures pm me i have all the books from chrysler for testing these problems.

Thanks so much guys..Wire harness looks like it is in pretty good shape, being held away from the trans with a clip thingy. I am going to take a leap and go with the solenoid pack...
It will be so great if it is that simple..
Thanks
Chris

If its like many chysler trannys there is an input speed sensor and an output speed sensor they tend to just go bad. you can buy them at autozone for $15 each. Usually they are an easy swap just unscrew them with a wrench.

If the speedometer does not work its probably the output sensor.

Actually the speedo is working fine..I was reading about these as well a little..
Thanks toecutter
missed the parts store, will have to wait till morning.

well hopefully I havnt jumped th egun here...I am hoping the codes we pulled dictate the part replacement, cause it would be nicer if it was those 15 dollar sensors..But the symptoms dont seem to be exactly the same except for the limp mode...
Unless I dont understand exactly what "limp mode " actaully means..maybe my van isnt in limp mode???

When I worked at the trans shop, I must have replaced at least 10 solonoid packs. Its relativly easy to do. I'm not sure what the codes were (if any), but I would replace the solonoid pack FWIW. Do you have a scan tool to look at when driving down the road? Does the trans go into lock-up? I had a Dodge truck that had a bad temp sensor and it made that thing shift like crap and it had no acceleration. If it gets stuck in 2nd gear, you can try to manually shift into first and try powerbraking it a little (sometimes it will shift into first) Try and get some scantool info on it, and research the code.

When I worked at the trans shop, I must have replaced at least 10 solonoid packs. Its relativly easy to do. I'm not sure what the codes were (if any), but I would replace the solonoid pack FWIW. Do you have a scan tool to look at when driving down the road? Does the trans go into lock-up? I had a Dodge truck that had a bad temp sensor and it made that thing shift like crap and it had no acceleration. If it gets stuck in 2nd gear, you can try to manually shift into first and try powerbraking it a little (sometimes it will shift into first) Try and get some scantool info on it, and research the code.

the code was solenoid B p0755, most I have read on the web results in the sol pak solved it, but much grey area

and prior to this the lock up worked..I am not sure if the scan tool I used will to live info..
I have tried manually shifting this thing and it made no difference ..

Right now, as best as I can describe, it feels like I am taking off in 2nd gear..
And I can get to about 30-35mph or so and it is reving almost to 3000rpms by the time i start pushing 35-40mph area..
no other actions seem to be hapening, by feel or look of the tach..

Thanks so much guys..

the code was solenoid B p0755, most I have read on the web results in the sol pak solved it, but much grey area

and prior to this the lock up worked..I am not sure if the scan tool I used will to live info..
I have tried manually shifting this thing and it made no difference ..

Right now, as best as I can describe, it feels like I am taking off in 2nd gear..
And I can get to about 30-35mph or so and it is reving almost to 3000rpms by the time i start pushing 35-40mph area..
no other actions seem to be hapening, by feel or look of the tach..

Thanks so much guys..

Probably the Solonoid pack, like I said its easy maybe about an hour for a first timer to do in the driveway.

Sounds like the soleniod pack to me.Its a simple job.Remove the air cleaner(if its in your way)disconnect the rubber trans lines at the trans,remove the input speed sensor(1 inch socket),unbolt the soleniod pack harness off the soleniod pack 8mm bolt,and then unbolt the soleniod pack(3 10mm bolts),then gently pry the pack off the trans.

YAY !!!! It worked!!!!

Well I went ahead and did the sol. swap..
So far so good, no codes, shifts through all gears, LU seems to be woring fine, downshifting seems fine...

Just want to give a big thanks to everyone for replying..$140 part gave us are tranny back again, and the wife doesnt have to stuff evryone in my truck anymore...

I will add, maybe this is common sense for most...I should have blown out with air or vaccumed or whatever before I pulled it...HAd no idea there was going to be a little valley in there where all road dirt and motor crap have been collecting.
As soon as I broke the old sol. free, all that crap fell onto the mating surface..

The best I could come up with was my desoldering suction tool..I kept sticking that around gently and pulling up the junk...Then I just kept going over the holes pulling up fluid hoping to get any debris that fell in there..It looked clean so I went with it...So far so good..But I will be concerned for a while that some debris was left behind...Time will tell..

Well maybe some day I will get to putting my GN's tranny back together..lol
HAve all the parts , just need to put in the bench time..

MANY MANY THANKS TO ALL
Chris Pacheco

I will add, maybe this is common sense for most...I should have blown out with air or vaccumed or whatever before I pulled it...HAd no idea there was going to be a little valley in there where all road dirt and motor crap have been collecting.
As soon as I broke the old sol. free, all that crap fell onto the mating surface..

Yeah sometimes we can forget the obvious things, I bet you wont get dirt in there next time ;) . Glad to hear it worked out for you.

sorry i forgot about the dirt.i usually blow it off with a blow gun.You usually still have some dirt to clean up after and the pieces of the gasket thats suck to the trans.