Sorry another GTA rim post

ekafrawy

United States of Space
I'm searched high and low, but can't get a difinite answer to my question. I just for 4 black gta rims. 2 Front, and 2 Rear. I'm planning on putting the "fronts" on the rear of my GN, and the "Rears" on the front. I understand i will need a small spacer for the "rear" wheels to fit up front. My question is, will a 7/16" spacer work, and if so can i still keep the stock studs with that spacer? If this is the case where can i get the correct wheel spacer? DOes autozone sell them or do i have to go through summit?

Eric

I'm searched high and low, but can't get a difinite answer to my question. I just for 4 black gta rims. 2 Front, and 2 Rear. I'm planning on putting the "fronts" on the rear of my GN, and the "Rears" on the front. I understand i will need a small spacer for the "rear" wheels to fit up front. My question is, will a 7/16" spacer work, and if so can i still keep the stock studs with that spacer? If this is the case where can i get the correct wheel spacer? DOes autozone sell them or do i have to go through summit?

Eric

fronts on the rear fine ... rears on the front...NO WAY as far as I am concern:eek: ..well by the time ya space it out you should be able to catch 3 or 4 threads :rolleyes: hope ya have good ins... I have seen guys do it like that ... guess if your feelin lucky go for it :redface:

I have the GTA wheels setup exactly like you are talking. The fronts mounted in the back and the back in the fronts.

Grumpy is correct about the rears fit however this is what I did. The front GTA's on the rears were tucked in more than I liked so I ran a 5/16" spacer. I also put 5/16" spacers on the front. My passenger front wheel was rubbing so I went to 1/2" spacer for the fronts.

To compensate for the spacers, I purchase 3/16" shanked lug nuts with a conical seat from Summit. This allow me to leave the stock wheels studs.

Pepboys do sell spacers, 5/16" I believe. The 1/2" spacer was purchased through Ebay seller EZACCESSORY. They also have a website.

thanks for the reply.
I can't find those lugs on summit. Do you have the part number?

I have the GTA wheels also ,with the backs on the front and the fronts on the back,I have 5/16 spacer from PEP Boys on the front cost about 7 bucks each,I don't have anything on the back, just bolted right up.

great. i'll try those and see how many threads are left on the stud. If its not enought i'll just get longer studs.

I believe it just a personal preference on how much you want your rears tucked under the car but they do bolt up.

I bought these lug nuts GOR-68137 however they are pretty stubby at 1.4 inches in total length and would use GOR-68137L next time if there ever were a next time. They are 1.8 inches long. Mine pertrude just outside the lug area and makes you really get the wrench inside to tighten and losen. The longer ones will give you more to work with.

Trying to attach a picture, first timer.

Attachments

• TurboT.jpg
    TurboT.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 126
I've got a set of adaptors if anyone is interrested. They came with a set of GTAs I bought a while back for my T-type. I changed my mind and bought a second set of GTAs so I could run 4 fronts. Anyhow, PM if interrested or other wise their going on the Bay sometime soon.

Ray

If you want longer studs...check out GM 22551491...3.25" long.
Conrad Carter