Soppranos Revisited ( I hate to beat a dead horse)

Little6pack

Ok I saw the final episope again today on A & E channel.

I am not buying that Tony was killed.
Yes he could have been shot and hurt, to live.

My hunch is the writer/creator knew he had a GOOD THING going.
(as the boys in the mafia would say THIS THING OF OURS) :smile:

Many speculative theories to this. So here goes. please feel free to add what you think.

A) It is wildly possible that when Meadow came in she saw a shooter & yelled startling the gunman.

B) a startled gunman hit AJ or Carmella or a patron

C) FBI was trailing Tony & was in the resturant & killed the gunman

D) GUY in bathroom was FBI who just served Tony papers or they arrested him.

E) Meadow bumped into shooter taking the hit? or making him miss?

On another note I found myself cheering Phil Leotardos death! I must be one sick puppy. :eek:

earlier in the season or maybe even that episode (its been awhile I can't remember) Tony and Bobby are discussing death and make the statement that is all just goes black when you die. When Tony is supposedly shot it goes black. I believe the writers intended that to mean Tony is dead.

Its possible that is what they want you to think about the black.

I think it is pure genius what they have done. Leaves many possibilites open for the MOVIE pickup on.

If they do write Tony off.... I bet the movie comes back with Flashbacks of him both from the series & when he was a kid.

I don't even want to go towards thinking about the movie. They could almost make the movie into a series like Godfather 1 , 2

I personally would love to be on the team of writers for this one.

movie

I agree, Movie ! It would be a classic like the Godfather series.

I agree, Movie ! It would be a classic like the Godfather series.

I like the way Ray Liota narrates the Story in the movie Goodfellas as it moves along.

That is another movie I get stuck on when flipping the channels. I don't know why I like these style movies.

Can't wait to see a better version of the Whitey Bulger Story

None of the above. I don't understand why everyone was so up in arms about how that ended. It was a typical Soprano story line. Meaning, it was not what people expected. I like how it ended. The Wire was the same way. Unpredictable.

How many times did you think someone was gonna get whacked and never did? That's real life and how it happens more often then not which is why the series is one of the most popular of all time.

As far as im concerned Tony and the family live on. It makes me want to watch the series from the beginning again knowing that Tony lives in my mind. There is no evidence that he doesn't. Chit, im still pissed Pussie got whacked.... lol

Do you think if Tony died you would have posted this thread? No you wouldn't have because that's what everyone expected. Either Tony or Meadow or Anthony or any other main characters SHOULD have died in most peoples mind. Why? That's just not how it happens and makes the show that much better cause it's more realistic.

As far as im concerned Tony and the family live on. It makes me want to watch the series from the beginning again knowing that Tony lives in my mind. There is no evidence that he doesn't.

Do you think if Tony died you would have posted this thread?

Exactly that is Why I posted it. I don't think he got wacked! Yes maybe a botched attempt!

I think of Tony as the guy with 9 lives.. Kinda Like my mother in law who has survived everything & prolly outlive me ! :eek:

A movie would be good but it could ruin the series like the last X-Files movie....:rolleyes: I will never understand how Chris Carter could get it so right with the first X-Files movie and then fuk it up so bad with the second one. Whatever!:eek:

The Irishmen

I like the way Ray Liota narrates the Story in the movie Goodfellas as it moves along.

That is another movie I get stuck on when flipping the channels. I don't know why I like these style movies.

Can't wait to see a better version of the Whitey Bulger Story

Coming fairly soon is a movie with a guy playing "Danny Green" A local neighborhood Irish man from the 156th and Waterloo rd. in the Collinwood area of Cleveland, Him and the Italians didn't exactly have a love for one another to say the least. One of my buds brother and Green were hooked up together in a lot of shady stuff, Should be a good OG Gangsta movie, The guy who played the drill Sargent in Beloxi blues is the guy who plays Shonder Burns, a guy heavily involved with Green back in the sixties. The Italians eventually blew Green up at his dentists office in 1977.

My father-in-law had a small part in the last episode of the 3rd season (I think.) Tony's in Artie Bucco's restaurant, eating by himself, and my F.I.L. is at another table with a nice-looking couple of women.

Artie: "You want some fresh-ground pepper?"

Pop: "Yeah. A little."

His brush with fame.

Best line ever: "He's some kind of interior decorator. Killed 13 Czechoslovakians!"