Sooo Close to a 10 it Kills me

It is just a stock sway bar in the back with hotchkiss upper and lower control arms. The front sway bar is still there because I have to drive it on the freeway on a regular basis.

I used to get some decent 60' times with the stock rear bar and the front bar disconnected. If you ever get the HR rear sway bar you can ditch the front bar. I been driving mine on the street for years now with no front bar. Did you get in trouble running faster than 11.5 with no roll bar or do you have one?

There are guys on here with a lot more knowledge than me, but the only suspension my rig has is boxed lowers, everything else is stock...I run 25lbs pass side and 12lbs driver.
My best 60ft is a 1.47.... from the looks of it, you might want more in the air bags....just sayin

Well...Can't argue with a dude running a 1.5 60'. When the track opens again, I'm going to do what you suggest. After all, it will only cost me a little more shop air.

All these cars are a little different in the way they run...I haven't run a front bar for 5 yrs and put on over 30,000 miles of road driving... never a problem for me, but
maybe your car won't handle the way you want without the front sway bar...Actually, I'm tryin to make it into the nines and just ordered an HR bar, adjustable uppers, and some other goodies.....the need for speed never stops my friend....:smuggrin:

My bet would be remove/disconnect front bar, 5lbs in dS bag, at minimum 15lbs in ps. I wouldn't be afraid to go as high as 30lbs in ps. That car is listing to the dS through the whole run. Get it going figured out and I predict 10's and wheelies. Keep us updated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

each car is different (but many are similar).... having a larger rear sway bar is helpful as the car does load differently when launched. I've been as fast as 1.42,1.43, 1.44, 1.44 60 fts in a row with an HR bar, aftermarket uppers/lowers, right air bag at 10psi and left with just enough air to fill it solid and no more.

Then I've been 1.44 with no air bags, but upper arms relocated with the baseline kit. it all comes down to what is the starting geometry of the system when you hit the tires and how the rest of the rest of the system is setup to react. That is why for example, someone with a lower car or different sized tires might need a different setup with someone with huge tires....etc..etc..etc..

What size M and H tires are you running? What shocks are you using front and rear?what rpm did you launch at? It did look to me like maybe the car did bog, almost like the rpm was a little low. The way wait transferred looked great. May be more aggressive launch and less pressure in the driver side airbag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New best pass last night. 11.01 @ 123
You can see on the video that the car hiccups or something after I shift out of the transbrake. No excuses but the staging was a marathon wait.

Was I just not aggressive enough with the trottle? BTW, letting that Neon go ahead was a mistake since my friends who don't know anything about the track said he whipped me hehe.

Looks like your foot came off the throttle when you left.