Sooo Close to a 10 it Kills me

DaySleeper

New best pass last night. 11.01 @ 123
You can see on the video that the car hiccups or something after I shift out of the transbrake. No excuses but the staging was a marathon wait.

Was I just not aggressive enough with the trottle? BTW, letting that Neon go ahead was a mistake since my friends who don't know anything about the track said he whipped me hehe.

It seemed as the launch was going well until it stumbled then it took off again. Whats on your rear suspension? Seemed like wheel hop??

we have a real close setup,run same speed also.my fastest was an 11.01 also But my car dont launch like yours.
mine leaves like im pulling out of the grocery store stall.yeah thats a 10 sec pass - the stumble.
whats the rear tires slicks?and whats in your suspention.what boost are you launching with??

Try some Air Bags, id bet 10.80's after that...

we have a real close setup,run same speed also.my fastest was an 11.01 also But my car dont launch like yours.
mine leaves like im pulling out of the grocery store stall.yeah thats a 10 sec pass - the stumble.
whats the rear tires slicks?and whats in your suspention.what boost are you launching with??
Those are M&H racemasters and I'm launching at around 8-10 psi. I have the airbags already with aobut 15psi in them

What was the whole time slip? I ran the identical time.
It was 1.725 60'
11.013 @ 123.1
I have had a better 60' before though. You notice they made us sit there forever 12 seconds before letting us go. Plus I had to do 2 burnouts because they stopped us.

Plenty of 60' left so easy 10s in that car yet, just need to work on that launch.

What shocks and how much air pressure in the tires? I would take the air bags out, it looks like it hits the tires then the air bags make it bounce back like a basketball? I am not a fan of air bags, better ways of setting the car up. That thing will run 10.80 easily when you get it sorted out. Congrats

Take the air bags out. I've never run them. I run stock rear springs, old hard KYB shocks and slicks. Its enough to lift the front tires off the foot brake 1.51 60's.

Suspension unloaded after the initial hit,you have to adjust the air pressure in the bags.

Way too much extension on the front end. With the correct shocks and an hr bar you can take off at least two tenths from the 60 foot if not more

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Here is another video of my launch. Notice the ridiculous bounce when I launch. Is that the airbags? I had about 15psi in them. BTW, I can't spend $500 on suspension stuff right now.

Try it with the min 5lbs in the bags to see if still bounces.

Here is another video of my launch. Notice the ridiculous bounce when I launch. Is that the airbags? I had about 15psi in them. BTW, I can't spend $500 on suspension stuff right now.

Pronto nailed it. Just experiment with what you have. If it bounces, take air out, if it sucks the passenger tire up into the well, use more. Your car may differ but fyi I use 8-12psi in the passenger bag and always 5psi less or even nothing in the driver side bag. The car is already forcing the driver side tire into the pavement. You simply need to keep the passenger wheel from bring sucked up into the wheel well so power goes to that wheel and the track instead of the rear passenger side spring.

Good to see a GN at Baytown. I would have been there that night but my engine is apart right now. I would definitely try less air in the passenger bag and none in the driver side. Lots of cars only run a bag on the passenger side. I have never run air bags on mine. I do have the HR bar and it is great but it is expensive. What rear sway bar do you have on there now? Do you run a front sway bar? Definitely a 10 sec pass in that car. Good luck.