Something to put life in this section! My latest build. Pic heavy....

TURBOELKY

IMG_6580.JPG
IMG_6603.JPG
IMG_6642.JPG
IMG_6871.JPG
IMG_6874.JPG
IMG_6877.JPG
IMG_6881.JPG
Although it is not a GN, its something pretty fun. I thought I would post it up and share since I've been lost from the GN family for quite a while. This is a 1968 Camaro SS I put together for a dude. I'll break down the build a little bit:
Brakes:
CPP hydroboost with internal proportioning valve.
4 wheel disc brakes and new lines etc. from CPP

Suspension:
CPP tubular upper and lower A arms
CPP shocks and stock height springs, 1.5" dropped spindles
CPP sway bars
Calverts Racing traction bars in the rear.

Engine:
Long block machined and built by Mike "Jelly Bean" Cook in Long Beach.
383 stroker 4 bolt main
Forged Scat stroker crank
Scat forged I beam rods
Probe 4.030 forged custom piston
Total seal complete seal second ring set
AFR 1130 racing heads & stud girdles
Comp Cams 12-460-8 Roller cam & gold roller rockers
Quick fuel SS 750 carb
Victor Jr. intake
Tri-Y ceramic coated headers & 2.5" magnaflow SS exhaust
etc etc etc etc.... lol

Trans:
Hughes 700R4
Hughes 3400 9/11 converter
B&M adjustable lock up control module

Cooling:
Madson Aluminum radiator & dual spal fan set up

Vintage air....This list is boring me. F that...

Last edited:
Original parts bought for power steering and hydro boost didn't work out.... Much better now..
IMG_7018.JPG
IMG_7020.JPG
IMG_7019.JPG

Wow!
Jeremy, That thing looks very well thought out. I'd be interested to see how the tri-Y headers work out. I've heard mixed reviews. Looks like you've got Caltracs bars on the rears. Can't wait to see more pics. What kind of RPM are you planning on turning?

Welcome back.:)

Mike B.

Wow!
Jeremy, That thing looks very well thought out. I'd be interested to see how the tri-Y headers work out. I've heard mixed reviews. Looks like you've got Caltracs bars on the rears. Can't wait to see more pics. What kind of RPM are you planning on turning?

Welcome back.:)

Mike B.

Thanks Mike. The tri-y headers were highly recommended by my machinist. The fit and finish is second to absolutely none. I'll take pics of below the car, they actually tuck up in the frame, not like most long tubes that scrape the ground! I have not been more pleased with a set of headers, ever.
Being the guy went with a hydraulic roller cam, 6500 rpm max. Engine is at 11:5.1 compression, so it does enough by 6k or so, and I have the MSD set at 6200rpm for safety ( owners safety ). The thing red lines in a heart beat, and is an absolute blast to drive!!

Beautiful. Do you think that 700 R4 is going to hold up
Thanks Jeff! The transmission was not my personal decision, but it was one of their "race" set ups. It feels really solid so far. The owner and his son have beaten the crap out of it every weekend for the past 5 weeks or so. Rear end did get toasted. LOL

Last edited:
nice build Jeremy!

Thanks Dale. I haven't see you since like 2005!! Hope all is well.
Sweet ride. Any video of it redlining in a heart beat : )

D
As soon as all the interior is in it, which is done by my buddies brother in law, I'll take some videos for sure. Its too hard to drive, shift and video at the same time from inside lol. But I promise!
What wheels are they? Very sharp
They were Raceline Speedster 5 wheels. Nitto 555r tires. 18/17 I believe was the wheel size.

Thanks for the comments guys. I got lucky with this build with a friend introducing the owner to me, really cool dude. I have a few other potential builds, We'll see. The camaro was like the scent of a woman. Once its on you, more come around!!