Looking to trade '68 Camaro SS for modified '86-'87 GN !!

CHAWK

have a 1968 Camaro SS that I would trade for a 1986 - 1987 GN. I would prefer one that has original low mileage, low mileage modifications, is streetable, but would prefer NOT STOCK vehicles (preferably in the 10-second 1/4 arena). I am located in D/FW (Texas).

1968 Camaro SS “CLONE”
Brandy Wine w/ White Racing Stripes
Black Vinyl Interior.

-- Engine is a 350 4-bolt main overbored .030 with an Eagle 3.75” stroke forged steel crankshaft (netting 383 cu. In.). It has Eagle Forged H-Beam rods with Wiseco Forged Flat-Top 2valve relief pistons. Compression ratio is approx. 9.5:1. It has a Mellings High Volume/High Pressure Oil Pump & Milodan 7.5 quart oil pan. Engine is completely 100% INTERNALLY BALANCED (significantly safer & more expensive than external balancing) and is finished off with SFI Approved ATI Super Damper

-- Valvetrain is Crane Hydraulic Roller Camshaft. Specs are 240/248 @ .050, 110 lobe seperation & .558 lift (It has Crane Hydraulic Roller Lifters, Hardened Steel Pushrods, & Crane Gold 1.6:1 roller rockers.**With the 1.6:1 rockers, Gross Lift is increased 10% over listed #’s**)

-- Cylinder Heads are Edelbrock Perfomer RPM that have been completely re-worked, full bowl work, full porting & polishing, and competition valve job. -- Intake is Edelbrock Victor Jr which has been ported & gasket matched.

-- Carburetion is a RACE DEMON by Demon Carburetion (by Barry Grant), it is a 750 cfm General Competition category. Fuel is fed through plumbed stock fuel tank into –10an braided steel line, into Mallory Comp 140 gph fuel pump, canister Mallory fuel filter, through an additional inline Earl’s screen filter, to a Mallory fuel pressure regulator. An –08an line runs from the regulator to carburetor.

Ignition begins with a MSD Billet Distributor, MSD Coil, MSD 6AL Ignition box w/ integrated rev limiter, and MSD 8.5mm spark plug wires.

Exhaust begins with Ceramic Coated Hooker Super Comp 1 ¾ length long tube headers into 3inch complete custom exhaust. Off headers into 3 inch pipe, into X PIPE, exiting through Stainless Steel Magnaflow mufflers behind rear axle in stock type location behind rear tires.

Engine cooling is done through an Edelbrock Victor JR water pump, dual High Volume Electic fans, and a custom BeCool Aluminum radiator.

Alternator is from Sachse Rod Shop & generates 120 amps of power.

Air Conditioning & Heating (added in early 2003) is brand new & runs through factory equipment to retain stock look, but has many updated features. Signifigantly improved volume & cooling over 1968 factory A/C system.

Transmission is a Borg Warner T-56 6speed manual transmission out of a 1995 Z28. It has a Centerforce Flywheel and custom pressure plate/clutch to handle the engines power. This is equipped w/ a hydraulic slave cylinder). Shifter is a Hurst Billet Plus w/ adjustable stops.

The rear end is direct from Moser Engineering. It is a 4.10 gear ratio w/ Eaton positraction and 33 spline Moser axles. To aid & allow for increased traction adjustment, the rear end has an adjustable end link assembly, similar to a 4-link.

The suspension on the car & steering on the car was completely redone one year ago using Hotchkis front & rear oversized sway bars and polyurethane bushings.

The subframe’s are tied together using Competition Engineering subframe connectors.

Interior is factory with Autometer Gauges (Tach w/ Shift Lite, Voltmeter, Fuel Pressure, Engine Temperature, and Oil pressure)

Wheels are Cragar Draglite 15inch w/ new BFG radials.

4 wheel power drum brakes

Speedtek Performance is the company that handled all the installation of the Borg Warner T-56 6-speed manual transmission installed (from a 1995 Z-28 Camaro), the 12-bolt Moser Axle & Housing Package, installed the Competition Engineering subframe connectors and the Hotchkis front & rear sway bar system installed.

The A/C & Heating system was installed by Classic Auto Air !! It was done to appear factory but w/ significantly improved cooling & efficiency.

Attachments

• drivers.jpg
    drivers.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 467
Buick

Tommynos Are You Considering Selling The Gn,,if So How Much. Car Looks Nice And Clean

Tommynos Are You Considering Selling The Gn,,if So How Much. Car Looks Nice And Clean

No,im not selling I have way more in this car than I could ever get and im not ready or in the need to sell it...I just wouldnt mind another 1st gen,and it dont really matter to me if I trade or not,my GN has alot of things done to it and is a garage queen,its not a 10 second car right now but could be with a few minor things a a tune or drop in the spare SG1 block that I have with all good stuff,waiting to be assembled and put in...