Something not quite right with E.T.

86gnminnesota

Here is time slip from last weekend, my car on right #9966. Any suggestions other than terrible 60 ft times?

Attachments

• dres baseball june 2010, rock falls raceway, 6.28.10 basaball 068.jpg
    dres baseball june 2010, rock falls raceway, 6.28.10 basaball 068.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 633
Mods, Tires, suspension upgrades? ALL things we need to know to help. Also at almost 110 mph you should be in the VERY LOW 12's

mods

TE62 turbo, TT 92 octane chip, Dutt neck stock IC, old Ruggles hyd. cam (about 202 duration or so), ported stock iron heads, 2800 lock-up stall, walbro fuel pump (hotwired), manually adjustable boost with Delta wastegates, 2.5 inch Hooker brand downpipe, open test pipe. Tires are new Nitto drag radials 275/60/15 set at 19 lbs pressure, seemed to hook up fairly well, not sure where problem is in the 60 ft times. Any ideas/suggestions appreciated, only second time been to 1/4 mile track, first time couple weeks back had bad spark plug wire so only ran in the 14's at 92-94 mph, much happier with this most recent time slip but think it has more in it..... Suspension mods just coil spring airbags in rear, standard 3.42 gears/posi.

Attachments

• dres baseball june 2010, rock falls raceway, 6.28.10 basaball 046.jpg
    dres baseball june 2010, rock falls raceway, 6.28.10 basaball 046.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 496
I went 1.9 60' on Saturday with 0 boost launch and cold tires. Then took out 1-2 in tranny...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Looks as though you are only missing the launch and 60ft times, 109 mph puts you at very high 11's / 12 flat with good launch, the simple way would be a transbrake and 12-15 lb launch, make sure you have a good engine restraint, a reduction of every 0.10 in the first 60 often returns a 0.17-022 in the quarter. 15 pounds and good bite should put you very close to 1.5-1.6 in the 60, you could try rear brake mods to hold that amount, but a t-brake would get you there with less hassles overall IMHO. good luck.

Kevin.

I would try to borrow a set of slicks and try the exact same run again launch boost and all. I'm still convinced you're losing traction due to the tires. A trans brake and higher boost will only make the problem worse if it is the tires.

Do you have a scan tool or WB O2 to get an idea on A/F at the launch and through the 60 ft?

Boost was 6-7 lbs at line, ran 16 lbs until 1/8, then dialed in to 20 lbs boost last 1/8 mile.

If your able to run 20 lbs of boost on the big end of the track, why are you only running 16 lbs on the first half? If your chip is burned and tuned for 20ish lbs boost, it'll run pig rich and fall on it's face at 16 lbs.

I'm I missing somthing here?:confused:

Also, you need to heat the crap out of Nitos to get them to hook.

Mike Barnard

TE62 turbo, TT 92 octane chip, Dutt neck stock IC, old Ruggles hyd. cam (about 202 duration or so), ported stock iron heads, 2800 lock-up stall, walbro fuel pump (hotwired), manually adjustable boost with Delta wastegates, 2.5 inch Hooker brand downpipe, open test pipe. Tires are new Nitto drag radials 275/60/15 set at 19 lbs pressure, seemed to hook up fairly well, not sure where problem is in the 60 ft times. Any ideas/suggestions appreciated, only second time been to 1/4 mile track, first time couple weeks back had bad spark plug wire so only ran in the 14's at 92-94 mph, much happier with this most recent time slip but think it has more in it..... Suspension mods just coil spring airbags in rear, standard 3.42 gears/posi.

My friend has similar set up in his car I built for him..That 62 turbo will need a 3200 stall converter or 32-3400 converter to make that baby spool up faster on the line..also your reaction time and 60 ft needs work..I would also up grade to poly bushings in rear control arms/air bag in springs and check shocks to be sure they are good..At 23lbs boost with good 60ft and reation,you should be around 11.3 et at 123mph..alchol kit would also help run more boost and re-burn chip...or you could run race chip..depends on how fast you want to run..hope this helps..

Stock D5 conv,110 fuel,21 PSI boost,235/60 BFG. Skidman.

Needs a converter to spool a TA60 properly for a good 60'. My D5 couldn't get me out with my TE44 better than 1.87 60'. Get a wideband too and run a perfect AFR. LOTS of power in just the tune. I went to a dyno once and picked up 40whp and 100lbft to the wheels just by leaning it out. This was using the dyno's tailpipe wideband. I soon after bought an in car wideband and have never needed to go to the dyno again but it always makes as much power as it can now that I know what's going on all the time.

Pat's 3000 stall works for my TE60....(60ft 1.6 sec on MT 275/60/15s) . The brake upgrade has also helped me get out of the hole. Before the changes i was running 2.1-2.2 60foot times.

Get those 60' times down and youll go 11.8-12.0 all day. Your mph will pick up a little too.

Here is time slip from last weekend, my car on right #9966. Any suggestions other than terrible 60 ft times?
Yeah go to a different track...Once I started making more power my can never hooked at slippery rock
Bring it up to Brainerd next summer with the rest of us club guys...We camp and set up a whole TR camp...track prep is good there...profile pic from this sept
-Dan