Someone told me I am going out of Business- They were wrong

I was thinking more like a "Going out for YOUR business sale" watch for that one soon. I have a full plate this week setting up these machines.

On another note, Marianne and I want to thank everyone for the nice words posted here and in the PM's and emails.

Mike

Phew! This is great news!!! The rumor mill is usually nothing more than a nuisance, but sometimes can hurt business.
I'm REALLY glad that you put this thing to rest.
Mike and Marianne are a HUGE benefit to our community, and have been for years!!! It's been my personal privilege to have met and known them both for many years.
Just look back at all the fantastic products that Mike and Bob have brought to us in the past. I can't wait to see what they bring back and new products as well. With the kind of ingenuity that they possess it will always be to our benefit!
Mike, Marianne and Bob; Keep up the good work!!!!

never heard the rumors.

but am glad to see you plan to stick around, and increase your inventory.
Thanks for all you do!

Mike has been a great guy to deal with over the last month or so...god knows I've been dropping some coin with him lately building my engine :biggrin:

Keep up the great work!!

Steve

There is some nasty rumors going around that Marianne and I here at Full Throttle Speed are going to close up shop. Well let me set the record straight here and now, we are not going anywhere. In fact Wednesday we are taking delivery of two Hurco 3 axis CNC machines so we can begin making many more of our products, "you mean so you can duplicate more of other vendors products" including some you have not seen for a while, right here in Motown in our building. Is our business down, of course, show me a real business that has a building, overhead and employees that is not down, but I am not ready to retire or throw in the towel yet so for you haters and rumor spreaders out there your going to have to wait for a while longer, you know who you are (and so do I :cool: ) sorry. One of the problems was that many of the machine shops that produces parts went out of business, many of the minimum orders for parts were getting too big based on the current sales. This forced us to stop making some things simply because they were not cost effective to produce anymore. We could have gone to China but most guys here seem to prefer made in USA parts, "you mean like the engine girdle you had made in the past. & how did that one work out for ya?" so do I so I decided to stick my neck out and do something about it. So now you will see things come back and see some new things Bob and I have been planing for some time but could not make work. I will post up some pictures Wed once the machines are in place. The Buick market is getting smaller everyday, money is getting tighter everyday. We have two choices, change and fight or Die. I don't want to die and plan to be around as long as I get the support from the community that I have got for almost 20 years now. We can and will compete with anyone, " are you still sending out PM's to people that publicly ask another vendor to send them a price on an item, telling them that you will beat the other vendors price?"all we ask is that you give us a chance.
Mike Licht
;) just stating facts.

"you mean so you can duplicate more of other vendors products" We have had more of our products copied than anyone, period

so for you haters and rumor spreaders out there your going to have to wait for a while longer, you know who you are (and so do I ) sorry. Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner

"you mean like the engine girdle you had made in the past. & how did that one work out for ya?" Been PROVEN we did not make or send it, in fact many vendors sold it before we did, funny how there were many other vendors making girdles long before RJC yet he is never accused of this, ask eastern performance or Moroso. It worked great by the way, not one ever failed, no studs broke like was predicted, quite a few running 9's, and the sky did not fall, too bad the company got in trouble

" are you still sending out PM's to people that publicly ask another vendor to send them a price on an item, telling them that you will beat the other vendors price?" We have a 115% price protection guarantee, it has been on our web site for years, if someone asks for a price by PM who is shopping around and I remind them that we have that and will beat any legit deal that is my privledge to do. Is is a common practice in retail. I suppose you can twist it around how you like but when you open your business you can run it like you want.

just stating facts Facts according to who? one mans facts are another mans lies

Mike

Mike let me come in and pick up a turbo a few years back. Let's see that day I got a GT6776 turbo, a girdle, and a few other small things. With all those Buick parts on the shelf it was so tempting.

I'm glad to hear you guys are staying open. When I get in a better situation I'll be getting new stuff from you guys.

It stinks that the rumors for failure are always so strong, and rabid. I am glad to hear all is well, the product line will expand and many things will be done 100% in house.
As far as pm'ing people for better prices, the only people this should offend is another seller who can't compete. If you wanna save me $ , pm me, e-mail or call my cell phone 678-618- ****. In the end I want the best parts at the best rates. If you can save me $ and make you a few $, I am cool w/ that!

Well, I guess we know who at least one of the rumor mongers is. :mad:

What vendor wouldn't want the chance to beat another vendors price for business? Steve you run a business you can't tell me you haven't done this before? As far as copied the girdle thing, we know that's played out big time now, if he could convince CAT to make the girdles for him then where is the proof he has done this? I have heard this rumor for years now and don't think for a second he would do that, but if he did who cares? I have read Jason Cramer he has stole Jay Carters head gasket setup, somebody's boost control valve setup ect. I can care less, bottom line is the customers are getting product. Mike has given back to the community big time. He's a good guy. I'm not bashing Jason either, he makes a few good products and his girdle is proven a good piece.

Mike, looking forward to checking out your CNC machines....

Well, I guess we know who at least one of the rumor mongers is. :mad:

sorry but wrong, 2 things, #1 I do not spread rumors #2 I never heard that Mike was going out of buis. again.

What vendor wouldn't want the chance to beat another vendors price for business? Steve you run a business you can't tell me you haven't done this before?

no Ted I have not gone behind a competitors back to quote a load. if a potential customer calls & gets a quote then that is fine, but I have never contacted someone to tell them hey I heard you are looking to move ___, I can move it cheaper. maybe this is why my buis. has survived & 3 other equipment transporters in the Charlotte area have gone belly up.

I hope that none of you go under. It still seems like just yesterday when we got in to the buicks, all we new about was Poston and ATR, so thats who we bought from. Then we went to BG and met all of you and other venders. Since then, I've been trying to spread the wealth and buy from everyone. I'm sorry I couldnt save ATR cause I got in this club too late ;) but I will continue to buy from all of you when possible.

Alan

I have VENDORS copy some of the parts I have made. I LOVE it! Flattery. Nothing more. If I make a part in my little garage and a vendor copies it and sells it..................Go for it! This business is a VERY limited deal and I would never get rich making and selling parts for a TB. That's why I have a "real" job. Now, if I could get someone to make the double pumper/dual outlet sending unit. That would be nice. I think Jay Carter is making the regulator bypass fitting. (thanks Jay) Champion sells the IAC angle adaptor plate. ("maybe" they came up with that on thier own.;) ) But.....there is no way to prevent someone from using your ideas and running with them. If you patent a design, all they have to do is change one small part and it is OK. (generalization, sure) I just like to make things that no one does, and if a vendor runs with it, fine. If a vendor steals an idea from another vendor.........then the game is on. You can't please everyone. Win some, loose some.
Glad to hear Full Throttle is still going strong. Michigan has the highest rate of unemployment in the nation, and if Mike is doing fine, I, for one, am VERY glad to hear it. I've dealt with Mike for nearly 20 years. (never met him personally, though) Good folks to deal with.

Good Luck, Mike & Marianne

Ken B.

Mike i hope you don't go out of buisness there are things i wanna order when i get better