Someone please teach me how to drive!!! Im horrible haha

FTC

last night i went to the track and clocked my car and the best i coudl get was a 15.7@90 MPH!!! and my 60 ft times are horrible 2.5 haha. the car feels like its running good i was hoping to hit 14's, just changed the pump yesterday and didnt have any KR. i only made 3 runs but by that time i was extremely dissapointed. i hope that its not the car and just me. on a lighter note i saw another GN there with military stickers and some phatty tires wondering if thats any of your guys?? anyway i need help i want to make this car run to its potential, so next tiem u guys go tracks maybe i can join???

15.7@90?!?!?!?!? Is this an 84-85? or and 86-87? Either way, there is A LOT more potential there.... It must be nice to think you'll only get FASTER. :) I say in NO time you'll be in the 13's with little to no money into the car. Did you finish the spring cleaning on GNTTYPE.org yet?

Derrick

a 90 mph is still not too bad, I got into the lower 13's and the mph's somewhere in the 94-96 with my stock turbo, injectors and IC and also on street tires and my 60 ft was around 2.3-2.5's

i did most of the spring cleaning stuff so far. and sorry to say its an 87, i feel like i have disgraced the GN name by doing so bad at the track last night. but i did notice a pretty big surge at the top of 2nd gear everytime i ran. so that might have something to do with it but i really think its me haha. oh well next time maybe ill do a bit better.

Originally posted by FTC
i feel like i have disgraced the GN name by doing so bad at the track last night

Don't worry about it. Just make it up by doing some smoky burnouts at the water pits. :D

An 87??? There's alot more potential there. Just watch the board and see when a couple of us go down. Maybe this Wed.

LOL, I still claim the fastest Hot-Air record :D at 14.8@92. I'm still trying to find out what the hell is going on with my car though. I havent ran it a little after the 1st pro-import. But to my understanding...and to most of us, 86-87's have way more potential compaired to my Hot-Air. My first time taking my TR, I was busting 17s:confused:. So dont feel bad. With a little practice and small modifications and patience...I dropped it to high 14s, and my 60fts were still lingering between 2.0 and 2.3. Dont worry...It'll come around.

Tips to help you

:) Hey howzit, I think this was my car before. I beleive you bought this car from Cale. If not, I sure look like an ass but if your him here goes. Anyway, when I had the car I raced it only twice in one night and ran a horrible 15.1 and 15.0 both at 94mph. My 60ft times were really bad at 2.4. Now I was running a 2.4 not because I was spinning the tires but because I had very slow spool up. I had absolutly (zero) tire spin. When I first had the car it was a rocket. Later right before I sold it my car would not build boost very quickly any more. It still would hit full boost at 17 pounds and still was pretty quick but I think I located the problem to the egr valve. I gave a new egr valve to Cale and am not sure if he had fixed it or not. Check with him and if he did not, change it! There's a trick to see if your egr valve it faulty by pulling up on the diapram. If you do not know what the egr valve looks like it's the black metal circle on the drivers side manifold that's the size of a tennis ball. Now, put your finger under there and pull up. It should feel spongy. If your egr vavle is working your engine will stuble while idling. If it's bad it will still idle niclely. My blms at idle were around 115 at idle. At full WOT it would only go to about 117 whick means I was running pig rich which was killing my spool up. The lower the blm the richer, the higher, the leaner. From what your mph at tracks were your really down on power. Your 60ft. is about the same as mine was but your mph is slower so I know your can't be spinning the tires. By the way, when I was at the line trying to stage and build boost I could only manage to build 0 pounds on the first run and 1 pound on the second run do to the richness. Man I really hope this was my car because this is getting long:) I hope this helps;)

yes i do beleive this was your car before, joseph irwin correct?? i saw u and your brother on the freeway one time. i havent changed the EGR yet but cale did give it to me. so far i have only changed the fuel pump and sender since the sender was bad and the fuel pump died on me one day. also if its not too much trouble coud u tell me the mods that were done, cause i dont know where im at with the car. and also why the fuel lines are rerouted and the rail was changed??? this would help me a lot so i know where im at with the car. thanks

I can hook you up to the original owner, if you want to go that far back. joe is #3, #2 didnt have it too long, either. #1 wishes he never sold it...me, I had first shot at buying it...but at the time I had just gotten married, so... If I knew then what I know now...I would have stayed single and bought the car... (at least the car wont leave on its own....)

oh whats up dude, sorry to hear about what happened to you, i guess thats life right. anyways, i was wantind to know what mods your did to the car??? casue i dont knwo where i stand with it and i wanna ge it running pretty fast, like low 13's maybe high 12's. but i need to knwo whats done so i have a starting point. thanks

no, i am not the original owner ,

But a co-worker of mine is. I work nights, he works days. Leave me a number and I'll have him call you when he has time....

Tyler.....

From what I was told and by looking at the car its all stock no mods on it, probally the exaust and chip.

I think there is also green stripes injectors (30lbs).

For the Record

Hey FTC, the mods to the car are as follows......Kenne Bell Ultimate chip 17lbs. of boost. The chip is ok but I was gonna change it to a thrasher 92 with no stutter and no anti theft. Do a search on that chip and you'll see some of the advantages. I heard it is very sensitive to tps and iac settings. Anyway, the injectors are stock. It's got nology wires as you've seen already. It has a bowling greens 3 in. down pipe (budget oriented) with the stock upported elbow. The cat has been replaced with a test pipe if you look under the car. Everything past the test pipe is completely stock from the factory. I bought the car with the factory airbox and filter. A few years later I put on the black maf pipe which I bought from John(thanx John) and a K&N filter. The maf pipe was rubbing on a sharp alternator bracket and put a very small hole in the maf pipe. I pushed down the sharp bracket with the best tool in the world(hammer) and put a small stip of rubber over the hole and clamped it with a hose clamp. It's a broke **** style but worked. That's the only performance mods the car has. I hope Cale gave you my record book so you can see the history of the car. It also has the very much needed rear seat brace kit from bowling greens and the front bace kit from BG. I also have an adjustable wastegate I put on just before I sold the car. I hope that's what your looking for. Please change that egr valve and hopefully you get back the performance of the car. Sorry if I don't answer back very quickly it's because I don't have a computer at my house. Take care of my ex-wife:) I recommend the spring cleaning which I think you already did. I changed the fuel pump to a stock replacement but I guess it went bad. Put in a 340 walbro with a hot wire. Change that 02 sensor. I have'nt changed it since I bought the car. If this is your first turbo regal you will notice your never satisfied. I think it's some sort of disease of some sort. Feel free to ask for some tips.

thanks for the info man, this helps out a lot. ive already got the walbro 340 and hotwire in when i changed the sender. so next is the AFPR because my FP is at like 52 with the line off. but i didnt notice the rear seat braces, i seen the front ones but not th rears, they go from the back setas into the trunk area right?

You'll have to pull down the trunk cover to reveal the seat braces. The previous owner put a fuel regulator from the turbo trans am preset at 45lbs. You already have had your driver sided header welded so that's another head ache out of the way. I would change the wires because they are about 4-5 years old now and performance wires are very affordable now. One tip I can give you is you might be leaking coolant from your upper radiator hose inlet neck. They sometimes tend to crack. I beleive mine just started to leak slightly. Just have it welded.:D

yep ive already seen that, theres coolant running down by the upper hose area, hopefully soon i can afford a new rad, i just refill colant when its necessary for now.